Well, Nolan is here to stay

tinamodotti

Until somebody gets released, traded, deported, etc., this Pie v. Reimold debate is never going to end.

Too bad it's the wrong debate to be having since Pie isn't really the guy keeping Reimold from playing.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too bad it's the wrong debate to be having since Pie isn't really the guy keeping Reimold from playing.

My sentiments exactly. If the Orioles hadn't signed Guerrero, or would take the plunge and trade Scott, there would be a lot more opportunities for both sides to get their fix. The problem for Reimold isn't Pie, it's Vlad and Scott.

My sentiments exactly. If the Orioles hadn't signed Guerrero, or would take the plunge and trade Scott, there would be a lot more opportunities for both sides to get their fix. The problem for Reimold isn't Pie, it's Vlad and Scott.
I'm happy with Pie as 4th OF. I'd prefer a Scott and Reimold platoon if it comes to that. The problem is Reimold is a liability as a full time OF.

Then maybe his age is showing because he isn't in the same zip code anymore. Maybe it is lack pf consistent playing time, but Luke is not setting the world on fire. Limited sample set, true. You have to play the hot hands. We don't have the luxury to wait. We need runs now. Can not keep wasting pitching performances. Just can't.

Ooh! Hot hands don't exist!

Good discussion points. Sorry to arrive late... here's what I see:

Reimold's 2010 is a mulligan IMO due to injury and off-field issues.

Those 3-run homers go a long way toward overcoming the occasional lapse in the field or on the basepaths. We need the power, badly - especially against our nemesis, the LH starters. Pie's speed and defense play better from the bench.

Lee being injured, and Scott marginal, is a good reason for keeping Reimold in the mix. Even with all healthy, that's some serious platooning and bench: Reimold, Vlad, Lee / Scott, Pie. To me Fox is odd man out, especially with Tatum now on hand.

I dunno but I personally see us having a minor problem in that we have 3 DHs... Vlad, Luke, and yes Nolan... I just don't like his glove enough to put in anywhere in the field when he can just DH...

I dunno but I personally see us having a minor problem in that we have 3 DHs... Vlad, Luke, and yes Nolan... I just don't like his glove enough to put in anywhere in the field when he can just DH...

You've got a point there about those three, though Luke is passable in left and Reimold... the jury is out. I don't get why they don't groom him more for 1B. Or just saving him till 1B/DH next year??

Nolan has earned himself two more starts in the next two games vs Oakland's lefty starters. Its up to Nolan to show that he can consistently help the O's offense. If he does he will be hard to remove from the lineup.

I agree that Fox will probably be DFA'd when Lee is ready to come off the DL, but I think he passes through waivers, accepts an assignment to Norfolk and will do well there and be ready when another injury hits.

:smile11:

DH/LF/1B wherever, we need that bat

Tina, I gave you green reps for your pickup on the erroneous information from the Elias Sports Bureau in the since-deleted Nolan Reimold thread. Thanks. :)

Nolan has earned himself two more starts in the next two games vs Oakland's lefty starters. Its up to Nolan to show that he can consistently help the O's offense. If he does he will be hard to remove from the lineup.

I agree that Fox will probably be DFA'd when Lee is ready to come off the DL, but I think he passes through waivers, accepts an assignment to Norfolk and will do well there and be ready when another injury hits.

Didn't I just hear about some team losing their catcher for the year? :scratchchinhmm:

Didn't I just hear about some team losing their catcher for the year? :scratchchinhmm:
Iwondered about that myself. Whiteside will be their regular but they could use a back up with some pop. I doubt seriously that Fox passes through waivers. More likely Nolan goes back to Norfolk.

Iwondered about that myself. Whiteside will be their regular but they could use a back up with some pop. I doubt seriously that Fox passes through waivers. More likely Nolan goes back to Norfolk.

I wasn't sure what SF had, but figured Fox had to be as good as their backup backup.

Archived