Well, Nolan is here to stay

tinamodotti

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think the at-bats will come unless Vlad or Scott is traded at the deadline.

Right...which is why he probably should be sent down.

Of course he belongs here but belonging here isn't really the issue...Its about finding him consistent playing time.

The O's could keep Fox and it's probably the smarter move, but Buck has shown he's not going to play or PH Fox very often. Right now, he's taking up a roster spot and I have to think Wieters is getting overworked due to Buck's lack of faith in Fox. Let Fox get claimed and let him try and have a career somewhere.

Who gives a crap if he can't hit AAA pitching ? He's hurting MLB pitching again, and that's all that matters. :D

Good point. You may be (partially) joking, but I said something similar about a month ago (calling for Reimold to be promoted), and several posters asked my how the hell is/was Reimold supposed to hit major league pitching when he was hardly tearing it up at AAA ??? Sometimes you need to go with your own lying eyes and (most importantly) your instincts, even if the numbers tend to say otherwise.

I really like starting Reimold in LF and bringing Pie off the bench as a defensive replacement or pinch runner. Seems like the best use of their talents to me. Of course that means we need to move Scott to 1b (while Lee is on the DL) or trade / DL Scott, but I prefer all of those scenarios to playing Scott in left.

I really like starting Reimold in LF and bringing Pie off the bench as a defensive replacement or pinch runner. Seems like the best use of their talents to me. Of course that means we need to move Scott to 1b (while Lee is on the DL) or trade / DL Scott, but I prefer all of those scenarios to playing Scott in left.

Can't trade Scott if he is on the DL.

Scott needs to be playing everyday, get his numbers up and then we can deal him.

Good point. You may be (partially) joking, but I said something similar about a month ago (calling for Reimold to be promoted), and several posters asked my how the hell is/was Reimold supposed to hit major league pitching when he was hardly tearing it up at AAA ??? Sometimes you need to go with your own lying eyes and (most importantly) your instincts, even if the numbers tend to say otherwise.

That approach is fraught with peril. I want Nolan to succeed but do you really believe that Nolan's success through 10 at-bats is more indicative of how he will fare than the last season and a half? Or that the correlation between AAA and ML success doesn't apply to Nolan? It seemed to apply to him last year, when he was terrible at the Major League level and merely mediocre at AAA.

I have been touting Reimold on this and other message boards since 2008. I wouldn't doubt that he will be sent down again. I mean how embarrasing will it be if after after 5 games he has more HRs and RBI's than Nick Markakis. In 10ABs he has 75% of Nick's HRs and 40% of his RBI's.

But the O's and their CYA FO have no use for him.

I have been touting Reimold on this and other message boards since 2008. I wouldn't doubt that he will be sent down again. I mean how embarrasing will it be if after after 5 games he has more HRs and RBI's than Nick Markakis. In 10ABs he has 75% of Nick's HRs and 40% of his RBI's.

But the O's and their CYA FO have no use for him.

Unfortunately, Reimold dug his own hole after last year's performance.

Not only that but the O's didn't deal Scott and signed Vlad...That's why Reimold doesn't really have a spot on the team.

Hopefully, if he is sent down in early June, he will be back up by the AS break.

That approach is fraught with peril. I want Nolan to succeed but do you really believe that Nolan's success through 10 at-bats is more indicative of how he will fare than the last season and a half? Or that the correlation between AAA and ML success doesn't apply to Nolan? It seemed to apply to him last year, when he was terrible at the Major League level and merely mediocre at AAA.

And ignoring his over 400 major league AB's in 2009 when he led the O's in OPS if fraught with what???

Last year, Reimold was playing injured for the first three months of the season, and it was noticeable when he ran (or tried to run). This year he was/is healthy in spring training up until the present, as he was for most of 2009 before he was shut down with a partially torn achilles tendon (the same injury that was not completely healed at the start of last season).

Archived