We have the 4th pick in the draft and 6 days to go. We've had numerous threads mocking the draft, or mocking the O's board, but no threads specifically putting your personal preferences out there. I understand if Stotle doesn't post since he works for a ML team, but what is your top 4? Mine is:

1. Rendon

2. Cole

3. Gray

4. Jungmann

I've relented on Starling. I prefer a college arm but I don't love Hultzen or Bauer. Jungmann and Gray seem like better bets to dominate (#1/2 starters), whereas Hultzen and Bauer seem like better bets to achieve #2/3 status. Gray has some uncertainty around control, and that gives me pause, but his potential is incredible.

I honestly can't figure out what to do with Bundy. His helium is pretty darn intoxicating. I could easily justify him at #3 on the list, and expect many of you to do so, but I just don't want to forget about the uncertainty associated with high school arms when compared with greater certainty associated with the two college arms on my list. Conversely, I love the touchy-feely Bundy Bros. angle, and the fact that the O's know him and his family gives me comfort that they'd be drafting a known entity.

So, my four are up there, Bundy would be 5 and Starling 6, for me. It's an upside list, with college taken into account for Gray and Jungmann. If the O's take anyone outside of these 6, I'll be really disappointed.

What say you?

My opinion is so far from affecting our first pick that I might as well deliver the notebooks and pencils our higher level evaluators use. Assuming signability/medicals, Chris has my pref list 1-4.

My opinion is so far from affecting our first pick that I might as well deliver the notebooks and pencils our higher level evaluators use. Assuming signability/medicals, Chris has my pref list 1-4.

Lol, I figured I'd give you an easy out if you wanted to take it.

Starling over the college arms surprises me some. Given the praise for Bundy, it speaks highly to just how good you think he could be.

Is his upside comparable to a Josh Hamilton type of player (speaking of when drafted)? Slightly below?

Lol, I figured I'd give you an easy out if you wanted to take it.

Starling over the college arms surprises me some. Given the praise for Bundy, it speaks highly to just how good you think he could be.

Is his upside comparable to a Josh Hamilton type of player (speaking of when drafted)? Slightly below?

I see him more as a Carlos Beltran type. There is power, but it isn't 80 power like Hamilton.

Archived