Duke struggling to fill Cameron?

glenn__davis

The guy to watch out for this year is Gerald Henderson. He reminds me of a combination of Grant Hill and Phil Henderson. Smooth with the ability to shoot. Interesting combination, I know - but I see facets in his game of each player. This year he will be known for much more then simply busting Hansbrough's face as he will be a force putting up double figures.

The key to Duke this year will be their ability to score in a half-court set. Their objective is to run, press, and basically outhustle their opponents with their tremendous speed and depth. They also a host of players who can shoot the three - making their patented kickout even more dangerous. How they handle teams who pack it in will be interesting.

Their weakness - without a doubt - is not having a real presence over 6'8. Zoubek is a liability in a man defense because he has poor footwork. He also has very little offensive presence. As SG earlier noted - their matchup with Wisconsin will be very intersting as it is truly a clash of tempo. I will be interested to see how they handle this - being such a young team.

You can also count on the new Dookie to be most heraldly boo'd will be Taylor King. He is one of the most arrogant players to come to Duke in a while - but he has the game and shot to back it up. I like the punch they bring in off the bench.

This will be a fun team to watch...

Yep....I have been saying for a while that he will be a borderline All ACC first teamer.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived