6-21 vs. Pirates -- First day of summer!

scOtt

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup. He was lucky to get through the sixth.

Agreed, I was surprised to see him run back out there, especially since Bergesen was ready. By the way, I like Bergesen in the 7th inning need a groundball role, especially if he can get his sinker back.

Guthrie should have been out after the 6th.. He was starting to lose command in the 6th.

If it was an AL game he might have been. With the pitcher's spot due up third in the seventh, Buck tried to squeeze an extra inning out of him.

Agreed, I was surprised to see him run back out there, especially since Bergesen was ready. By the way, I like Bergesen in the 7th inning need a groundball role, especially if he can get his sinker back.

During this stretch when he's not in the rotation, I'd like to see him in situations where he's inheriting a forced runner, and not a clean inning. He seems like a guy who could thrive in those scenarios.

Yeh, I realize you are. Didn't mean it that way. I was just surprised he didn't go with that. Luke had just hit so swapping Pie and Luke was pretty obvious.

Andino's head is down tonight. His confidence is shaken.

Andino is like a dog with his tail down. I guess Buck has been hitting him with a rolled up newspaper.

Archived