vs RANGERS 7/4

OFFNY

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These hats are a huge financial bonanza for MLB properties.They try and tell you they are donating a "portion" of the proceeds to the US military families..but its pennies compared to the money the league pockets...The hats are also super ugly..every year..a bad hat.this one looks like one you could buy at a tackle shop. No regard for tradition at all..just shameful profiteering at the expense of a trumped up "charitable" endeavor.

I know it's the game thread so posts can come off the cuff, but I don't believe this is true. Proceeds are donated to Welcome Back Veterans. Being genuinely involved with a non-profit can be smart business. There's nothing wrong with that, is there? They don't need to rob the potential charitable contributions of auctioning off this stuff for charity. The auctions drive traffic to MLBAM that ends up in other 'for profit' sales (and increased ad revenue for traffic). Again, there's nothing wrong with that, is there?

Watch the highlight reel on orioles.com after the game. Then nod your head and say, "Yep, Reynolds can hit the ball." followed immediately by "Yep, the Orioles still can't pitch."

+

I just go to the site and pick individual clips. Saves watching the pitching, and the Orioles generally can't fill a highlight reel in an entire series (with Orioles-favorable plays, anyway). Apple pie a la mode owns the hell out of this game, and leaves a better taste.

I'm not watching, anyway....

I know it's the game thread so posts can come off the cuff, but I don't believe this is true. Proceeds are donated to Welcome Back Veterans. Being genuinely involved with a non-profit can be smart business. There's nothing wrong with that, is there? They don't need to rob the potential charitable contributions of auctioning off this stuff for charity. The auctions drive traffic to MLBAM that ends up in other 'for profit' sales (and increased ad revenue for traffic). Again, there's nothing wrong with that, is there?

NO the hats are just god ugly. Make a nice hat to make contributions from.

Archived