Is L.J. Hoes the Orioles best hitting prospect behind Machado?

MarkakisFan21

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's playing like garbage this year at Frederick. Hoes' numbers last year at Frederick(at the same age Schoop is now) were much better.

You got to figure though that Hoes had a full season of Delmarva before Frederick. Schoop got promoted to Frederick despite his only experience being a month or so in A ball and some time in rookie leagues. Give Schoop time he will adjust

It's still very early, but keep an eye on Glynn Davis.

Schoop would be next for me after Machado just because he's shown some pop, something Hoes has never done yet and now he's moved to a position that will need some. Hoes will need to hit for a very high average to play everyday if his power doesn't develop.

He's playing like garbage this year at Frederick. Hoes' numbers last year at Frederick(at the same age Schoop is now) were much better.

Very short amount of time. Also, he plays the IF, and plays it well. Hoes will play a very poor 2B if we're lucky.

Too bad no one called you out on this completely untrue statement.

Schoop = 19 in Delmarva and Frederick, career .721 OPS... still playing 2B

Hoes = 19 in Delmarva, 20 in Frederick, 21 in Bowie, career .703 OPS

Too bad no one called you out on this completely untrue statement.

Schoop = 19 in Delmarva and Frederick, career .721 OPS... still playing 2B

Hoes = 19 in Delmarva, 20 in Frederick, 21 in Bowie, career .703 OPS

I guess I'd just also note the 1) Joes had mono for a spell, and 2) comparing stat lines at these early ages and early levels isn't really a good way to compare players (regardless of whose side anyone is on or what point is being made).

Neither of those directed at you, but general statements. Schoop and Hoes are DRASTICALLY different profiles.

Schoop in Delmarva @ 19 : 238AB .316/.376/.514

Hoes in Delmarva @ 19: 431AB .260/.299/.318

Hoes didn't get mono until 2010, so... even at 19 Schoop was dominating. Schoop would have to be terrible at Frederick for the rest of this year and the rest of next year repeating Frederick to be truly behind Hoes right now. Schoop should be better than Hoes on every prospect list this year.

I haven't seen either play defensively at 2B, but it seems to me they are both about the same statistically. I wonder if a move to corner outfield spot is on Schoops radar too..

I haven't seen either play defensively at 2B, but it seems to me they are both about the same statistically. I wonder if a move to corner outfield spot is on Schoops radar too..

Gotta trust scouts over defensive stats, especially at the minor league level. I haven't heard any scout that doesn't think he will stick at second or third.

Archived