Game of Shadows

Todd-O

I've never read the book... but Dan Patrick said (on his show today) that the book reported that Bond's shoe size grew from 10.5 to 13 (which indicates HGH)

Has anyone read G of S?

Conversely, I've read that a side effect of 'roids is "shrinkage". If all this is true, I guess this would be one instance where the old saying about foot size doesn't work. :eek:

I've never read the book... but Dan Patrick said (on his show today) that the book reported that Bond's shoe size grew from 10.5 to 13 (which indicates HGH)

Has anyone read G of S?

Conversely, I've read that a side effect of 'roids is "shrinkage". If all this is true, I guess this would be one instance where the old saying about foot size doesn't work. :eek:

I haven't read it, but I had roomates at Towson who were taking 'roids and HGH. The "shrinkage" you refer to would be to the berries and not the twig, if I may be allowed to use such an expession (if not, I beg for mercy from the moderators). It's the HGH that would make your feet grow, your head, etc. And I'd like to add that this is what my roommates told me, not what I saw or experienced!

Incidentally, of my 3 roomates who were all very much into weightlifting and training, one took HGH and steroids, one just took steroids, and one only took legal, over the counter supplements. The "all natural" guy looked the smallest but was the strongest -- anecdotal evidence to be sure, and indicative of nothing, probably. The HGH / steroids roomate puffed up real quickly.

And me? I was too busy playing NHL Hockey on my Sega and, uh, 'experimenting' with other illicit substances to bother going to the gym, much less spend money on drugs that didn't make me appreciate 'Drums / Space' from RFK '72! Ah well, live and learn...and then probably forget...

Has anyone read G of S?

They accused of bonds feet growing from size 9-12 which is very odd since I dont think a 6'2 person would wear such small shoes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• This is all good news but I think when he starts throwing off the mound is when the real test comes in.
    • Fabian feels similar to EBJ in that it’s just the one very big question with his profile. Completely different questions of course, but they both check the defense & walks boxes and Fabian has the power and EBJ has the contact. I feel a lot better about EBJ’s chances of tapping into a sufficient amount of power than I do about Fabian reaching a sufficient level of contact, but it helps that Fabian is RH and EBJ is LH.  Easy to envision them being great complements to each other down the road if they can both answer those questions. They are probably the players I’m most interested in tracking this year, because they’re good test cases for the Orioles development process, but also because IMO  they’re the only true CF prospects we have right now who could/should be ready by the time Mullins is a FA. CF is pretty much the only spot on the field we don’t otherwise have a ton of options at for the next ~6+ years. 
    • Eh, noise. IDGAF anyway, having cut the cord long ago. I know the feeling though… Dish pulled that BS a couple years ago. I’m hoping Rubenstein can find a way to ala carte everything. There will certainly be demand.
    • I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere, but Irvin morphed his slider into a cutter last year that is by far his best pitch by Stuff+. He threw it 16% of the time too, decent usage but could be increased more. He’s always going to score poorly in stuff for pitch models but very well in command grades, so even some slight upticks in stuff could make a big difference. His curve is also decent. He relies a lot on his fastball/sinker/change, so I’d be interested in him moving more towards the cutter/curve (which generally are still effective against RH batters). Irvin was absolutely unreal horrific in his first few starts last season, which tanked his season numbers (particularly xERA), but really righted the ship after that. He’s a decent piece to be a 5th starter, he’s been very durable, throws a lot of strikes and as a result can pitch a lot of innings (if you aren’t pulling him early in close games), and is a good fit for OPACY. It’s just a bad spot that our depth chart is already whittled down to him being that to start the year. 
    • Things aren’t looking good for MASN and comcast.     Would still figure they find a way to get a deal done but it doesn’t seem as certain as I think it was.
    • Verlander needs 140 IP and a clean doctor's note to assure himself of 1/35 next season but if he misses that I could see him somewhere on Elias' target list for the year over year Lyles-Gibson-Kimbrel 1-year contract stretch. Its a bit of an art question for baseball how it wants to grapple with all Friedman and Driveline have brought to the game.    Roki Sasaki or Paul Skenes or even Grayson Rodriguez might be their generation's Justin Verlander but today's game will constrain them from revealing it as fully to baseball fans even if they are. Verlander has become a TJ statistic in recent years, but for me he really isn't - every bit of work on his Hall of Fame plaque was done before the surgeon took some of him.
    • Buried in the article, but it says this:   “Verlander said he heard at the trade deadline that the Dodgers and Orioles were interested, and he said he’d have accepted Los Angeles or even Baltimore if those were the options. “I’m from Virginia,” Verlander said. But when Houston, where he’d won his rings, became viable, he said he was happy to “steer things” that way.”
  • Popular Contributors