KLaw : Hearing that Joe Jordan will step down as Scouting Director

jamesenoch

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably wants to step down before getting fired by a new GM.

I don't blame him but I also don't look at this as a bad thing.

I wish him well though if he does leave...Good evaluator and great negotiator...Just not a big fan of his drafts and preference to athletes and HSers. Still have to wonder how much his hands were tied.

It could be good news or bad news. I think Jordan did a fair job. The results just aren't there. I certainly think he was an upgrade over the Tony D. drafts. The problem is this. Do we get a talented guy from the outside, which Jordan and DeMacio were considered, or do we get someone promoted from the inside or possibly even a Peter Angelos crony?
You have to think that any new GM would want to hire his own guy....at least you have to hope so.

AM inherited Jordan. Sure, any GM would like to have it be his choice. Jordan seems to be pretty well respected in baseball circles, so I'm not sure why we should assume that a new GM would be 100% likely to replace him.
Obviously not 100% but normally, they would like to have their own guys working with them.

Maybe JJ senses this?

Obviously not 100% but normally, they would like to have their own guys working with them.

Maybe JJ senses this?

I can't imagine someone leaving a job they want simply because they think there is a chance that whoever their new boss MIGHT be he MIGHT want to hire someone else.

There are only 30 SD jobs in baseball. If someone's walking away it's for a legit reason, not avoiding the embarassment of potentially being replaced.

I checked around and it does appear Jordan is not coming back. He's not commenting officially so that kind of confirms it for me. Maybe the word on the street is the Orioles are about to do a major house cleaning with the departure of MacPhail. The real question becomes, who's going to put this thing back together?

I checked around and it does appear Jordan is not coming back. He's not commenting officially so that kind of confirms it for me. Maybe the word on the street is the Orioles are about to do a major house cleaning with the departure of MacPhail. The real question becomes, who's going to put this thing back together?

Excellent question...and will they get rid of the Stockstills and other Angelos sacred cows?

And how about Lee MacPhail IV?

All MacPhails need to leave. Jordan can stay or go, I wouldn't care either way.

Klentak can go as far as I'm concerned because his mentor has been Andy MacPhail and he's said the same things about scouting and international signings as Andy.

Both Stockstills need to go as well.

A housecleaning is in order.

Archived