9/5 Uniforms vs. The U

PrivateO

Absolutely - It's hard to say that the 2nd game of the season is pivotal - But for us it is. The next few games after the WVU game won't be as much of an opportunity to make a splash. We don't face another top opponent until later October when we play @ FSU. If we play well enough, we could be well within the top 15 by that game. But it starts with WVU.

It's going to depend on the defense. If they can hold up and play better than they did against Miami, we have a shot. If not, it's over.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nation's No. 1 DT, Friendship Collegiate's Eddie Goldman on #Terps unis: “That was also one of my favorite parts ... They looked good.”
Prized Jr TE Adam Breneman on #Terps new unis: "I loved them. I think the old people didn't like them, and the young people all loved them."

http://twitter.com/#!/insidemdsports/statuses/111256803895017472

http://twitter.com/#!/insidemdsports/status/111252700913606656

Ladies and gentlemen, this is all that matters.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/wilbon-110907/university-maryland-new-football-uniforms-making-terrapins-relevant

Wilbon with a pretty good article about the Terps uni's. I'm coming around on them a bit myself.

Nice to see that PTI hasn't totally crushed Wilbon's ability to write.

It still bugs me that folks keep quoting Lebron without the context that he is paid to endorse a rival company.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/wilbon-110907/university-maryland-new-football-uniforms-making-terrapins-relevant

Wilbon with a pretty good article about the Terps uni's. I'm coming around on them a bit myself.

This article is spot on. If you're saying, "Oh my gosh, what the hell were they wearing them for? They were so ugly!", then you just don't get it. These jerseys were created and worn in prime time to get people talking about Maryland football. Who has been talked about more this week: Florida State or Maryland? Maryland. How often is an unranked team, projected around the middle of the pack in a weak conference, the talk of the sport? Rarely, if ever. There was a specific goal for these jerseys (outfits, as my girlfriend called them) and that goal was achieved. I think it was brilliant.

This article is spot on. If you're saying, "Oh my gosh, what the hell were they wearing them for? They were so ugly!", then you just don't get it. These jerseys were created and worn in prime time to get people talking about Maryland football. Who has been talked about more this week: Florida State or Maryland? Maryland. How often is an unranked team, projected around the middle of the pack in a weak conference, the talk of the sport? Rarely, if ever. There was a specific goal for these jerseys (outfits, as my girlfriend called them) and that goal was achieved. I think it was brilliant.

I normally wouldn't care much about Maryland football, but the uniforms sucked me in. I stuck around long enough to see that that O'Brien kid is pretty good. Now I'm looking for which channel to find them on next week to see what they are wearing and root them on. They made a fan out of me.

I normally wouldn't care much about Maryland football, but the uniforms sucked me in. I stuck around long enough to see that that O'Brien kid is pretty good. Now I'm looking for which channel to find them on next week to see what they are wearing and root them on. They made a fan out of me.

That's awesome, welcome aboard.

Keep your interest for another week. They have a bye this Saturday, and play at noon on one of the ESPN family stations against WVU on 9/17. Glad to see you joining the rank of fans! Let's hope the team continues to play well to have folks stick around for more than the novelty of the uniforms.

Nice to see that PTI hasn't totally crushed Wilbon's ability to write.

It still bugs me that folks keep quoting Lebron without the context that he is paid to endorse a rival company.

Trust me, Lebron isn't smart enough to think about the implications of it being a rival company, it was a purely fashion inspired statement. People are reading too much into it. He said the same stuff half the country said, but the genius in it is that it was all a PR stunt basically, drawing attention to a team that needs to be talked about to make the rankings. Let's face it the NCAA ranking system is half popularity contest anyway. In a weak ACC year the conference is there for the taking, so they are helping themselves by building the hype already. Now they just have to go win some games. This is actually one of the tougher stretches of the schedule having Miami and WVU back to back. The FSU/Clemson/Virginia triple could be interesting too.

For those that still don't believe the "pride" unis were a publicity stunt, they are up for auction on the school's site right now, they are not being worn again. Wait til you see the REAL new unis for this season, some of the combos are AWESOME, and for all the comparison to the Nike Oregon unis, they have a black on black combo that looks VERY similar to it.

• 7 months later...

Here's a somewhat related bump. I'm not sure if anyone saw the MD-Hopkins Lax game over the weekend, but the Terps were wearing their pride uniforms for this game. While I've warmed up a bit to the football version, I think the Lacrosse pride unis look better. Here's a pretty good picture I found.

07%20umd%40hop%20041412%20LF-600px.jpg?1334493183

Here's a somewhat related bump. I'm not sure if anyone saw the MD-Hopkins Lax game over the weekend, but the Terps were wearing their pride uniforms for this game. While I've warmed up a bit to the football version, I think the Lacrosse pride unis look better. Here's a pretty good picture I found.

07%20umd%40hop%20041412%20LF-600px.jpg?1334493183

Wow def ablaze with pride! The JHU unis look like throwbacks in comparison. Even to these olde eyes, they look sweet!

Archived