Talks with Mets pick back up

bigbird

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a very good young major league ready player? Who might that me?

Not major league ready, major league. The player would already be in the majors.

Given Hernandez's lack of value I doubt it would be Gomez. He's a blue chipper. My guess is we are targeting these players

Endy Chavez

Rueben Gotay

Aaron Heilman

Nick Evans is also a decent 1st base prospect that isn't in their top 10 I believe:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Nick%20Evans&pos=1B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=452783

Not major league ready, major league. The player would already be in the majors.

Given Hernandez's lack of value I doubt it would be Gomez. He's a blue chipper. My guess is we are targeting these players

Endy Chavez

Rueben Gotay

Aaron Heilman

Nick Evans is also a decent 1st base prospect that isn't in their top 10 I believe:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Nick%20Evans&pos=1B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=452783

What about Milledge? Maybe they're down on him for some reason.

Was just told that talks with the Mets have started back up concerning Ramon Hernandez. Instad of the the "blue chip" prospect we were looking for we may go aver a very good young major league player and a mid level prospect. At least they're talking somewhat.

Gomez was possibly the target. So... although Humber was mentioned as the guy we asked for before, he may be who we get this time around. Hard to say if it's fair or nor, but it wouldn't be a trade I'd be upset with. Humber does still have upside.

Endy Chavez

Rueben Gotay

Aaron Heilman

If I'm MacPhail, Heilmann is the only one of the first three I have real interest in.

Months ago, I posted that a Hernandez-Heilmann trade makes sense for both sides. My opinion hasn't changed.

If I'm MacPhail, Heilmann is the only one of the first three I have real interest in.

Months ago, I posted that a Hernandez-Heilmann trade makes sense for both sides. My opinion hasn't changed.

I'd love to get Heilman back. That's a deal that would make a lot of sense for us. Maybe he could even close this year. And, I agree on staying away from those other 2 guys. I want no part of Gotay. And, if the Mets thought he was that great, would they have traded for Castillo last year?

He said young ML player. Heilman is 28 and Chavez is 29. I would take Heilman plus a midlevel prospect in a minute but I think he is more to give up than Humber.

He said young ML player. Heilman is 28 and Chavez is 29. I would take Heilman plus a midlevel prospect in a minute but I think he is more to give up than Humber.

I have trouble imagining the Mets dealing a Milledge, Gomez or Pelfrey for Hernandez, so I'm not sure who this young major league player will be. Humber has a grand total of 9 major league innings under his belt.

Archived