Keith Law takes another shot at the O's

ChaosLex

Well that could be due to them not being given a chance early on maybe from societal pressures to change positions or even before. There are more right handed pitchers than left handed pitchers but that doesn't mean it's because they are better pitchers as a group. If taller guys are more successful then is it because they throw with more velocity? We've had former NBA players who couldn't crack 90mph on our team and his downward plane didn't seem to help much at all. Lincecum is one of the smallest guys in baseball but that hasn't slowed him down. Pedro as well.

http://sabr.org/research/does-pitcher-s-height-matter

Maybe DD HAS found the next Moneyball in short players?

DD's hole offseason has been Moneyball down to a tee....He literally is trying to win as many games as possible as cheap as possible which is what Moneyball REALLY IS.

Not to mention his hole OBP obsession, which given this teams stats last year is needed sorely.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I have to agree, 80-83 if it's right bothers me. I was 5'10 and sat 85-86 at 17 and I sure didn't get 550k. I never thought there would be perks to living in Korea.

There must be something about Law's report that isn't correct. No way they spent $550 k for a kid with the profile he describes.

Not going to dig it up, but in an ESPN chat last week, Law also made a snide remark about the O's signing the softball player from New Zealand... who Law actually said was from Australia, which was wrong.

Whatever. Law shoots from the hip. Only time will tell if he's right about the "top H.S. pitcher in Korea." That's all I need to hear. I like the move.

There must be something about Law's report that isn't correct. No way they spent $550 k for a kid with the profile he describes.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing, something just doesn't add up there. From the Sun article it says he sits high 80's with an above avg. curve. I can see that being worth the investment if they think he's going to grow some more and they control him for 6 years now. It's REALLY snarky, even for Keith, which is what kinda bothers me though, he usually doesn't take shots like that unless he's pretty sure about what he's talking about.

That height matter with pitchers?? That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

I am not even neccassarily talking about this exact tweet and whether his info on this pitcher is right or wrong...and let's face it, this thread wasn't started on that premise either.

The intention of this thread was to complain that Law said something that people don't like because he bashed their team.

Who cares? The Orioles blow and are a joke. It doesn't matter if I say it, Chaos says it, Law says it, Royle says it or Heyman says it...Everyone would be right.

People get so bent out of shape when national people take shots at "their team". There is a reason they are taking those shots.

If you believe LJ's link Law is just flat out inaccurate, which is simply inexcusable.

Another poster stated that he is always negative towards the O's but I think that is generally for good reason (the O's do very little positive) and I am not someone who needs my O's news sugar coated by any means but it appears to me that he has lost some objectivity here.

I am not even neccassarily talking about this exact tweet and whether his info on this pitcher is right or wrong...and let's face it, this thread wasn't started on that premise either.

The intention of this thread was to complain that Law said something that people don't like because he bashed their team.

Who cares? The Orioles blow and are a joke. It doesn't matter if I say it, Chaos says it, Law says it, Royle says it or Heyman says it...Everyone would be right.

People get so bent out of shape when national people take shots at "their team". There is a reason they are taking those shots.

It matters whether or not Law has the facts correct. He was bashing the signing based on specific information (which may or may not be true) and then tied that information into a bash of the organization. Sounds a lot like you actually. :eek:

Archived