Potential blockbuster with the Dodgers brewing

bigbird

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there are as many as six teams or more in line for Bedard (and it sounds like that might be the case), the Dodgers would certainly be solidifying themselves at the head of the pack if this happens to be true. If nothing else, it establishes a very high starting point. I doubt many of the other Bedard suitors are interested in Tejada.

Wow!

I can see LA doing this because they want to win and Bedard and Tejada would do that. They are also ridiculously deep in prospects. I think we'd have to throw in somebody like Cabrera or Liz though to make this happen, maybe even Penn...

Why? They get the power hitter they want and the ACE they want. You have to give up value to get value.
Tejada is hardly a power hitter anymore, with a .442 slugging% last year(a number that is rapidly declining). And Bedard has had major injury troubles in the past. I just can't see us getting 4 top prospects.

Interesting:

Broxton - Closer

Billingsley - Long relief or starter?

Hu - SS

Kemp - Throw him in Left Field?

Laroche - 3B

Pierre - CF, basically 2K8's Patterson

With that being said, if this is done (BIG IF), this would be huge. Then if we can drop Mora, or at the very least throw him into a super utility role, and get rid of Gibbons, we're getting somewhere!

Uh, there's no doubt Billingsley would start.

Tejada is hardly a power hitter anymore, with a .442 slugging% last year(a number that is rapidly declining). And Bedard has had major injury troubles in the past. I just can't see us getting 4 top prospects.

I agree Tejada has fallen off a little bit, but he is still hit 18 HRs while missing a month and is still considered a pretty darn good hitter. Bedard would have had a pretty good shot at the Cy Young last year if he hadn't missed the last month.

Point is, Miggy nets you a top prospect and a lesser one (Laroche and Hu) and Bedard nets you a king's ransom of 3 ML ready players (Kemp, Billingsley, Broxton, Pierre).

If the Dodgers are concerned with winning NOW than this isn't that bad of a deal. 5 years from now, I believe the 5 players we get back will be of much higher value than Miggy and Bedard, but for the next 2-3 years, Bedard and Miggy are more valuable. IMO, this trade would put the Dodgers at the top of the NL East instantly.

Archived