JAKE Today

OFFNY

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jake feels awful bad right now. He couldn't finish the 4th inning without giving up 5 runs. The inning is still going on as Patton just came in and walked his first batter. Damon's up with the bases loaded and grounds out to Roberts to end the inning. Now what? Trade him or send him to Norfolk?

Jake Arrieta has a lot of talent, think few would deny that. If he struggles tonight and gives up a lot of runs/ cant get to the 6th inning then maybe its time to do with him what they did with Tillman. The whole Tillman story is yet to be written obviously but I can say in watching him pitch the other night he was significantly improved in more than just the numbers. I am not suggesting sending Arrieta down to shuffle him off into oblivion, what I am suggesting is that if he continues to struggle, spending time at AAA (not a start or two) could give him a chance to work on what he needs in an environment that is designed to do so.

Jake Arrieta has a lot of talent, think few would deny that. If he struggles tonight and gives up a lot of runs/ cant get to the 6th inning then maybe its time to do with him what they did with Tillman. The whole Tillman story is yet to be written obviously but I can say in watching him pitch the other night he was significantly improved in more than just the numbers. I am not suggesting sending Arrieta down to shuffle him off into oblivion, what I am suggesting is that if he continues to struggle, spending time at AAA (not a start or two) could give him a chance to work on what he needs in an environment that is designed to do so.

Got to agree if they have changed they way they are doing business in the minors. It appears so from Tillman at least. But it's just one game so who knows. He did look like a completely different pitcher.

Archived