H:o. 6

R:O. 7

ER:) 6

BB:. 3

SO:. 5

Pitches: 96 (56 Strikes, 40 Balls) *

2012 ERA: 5.37

JAKE BY INNINGS

19 * Arrieta recorded 1 out in the 5th inning before departing.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have very little confidence when Arrieta takes the mound right now. I hope that he can give us one of those starts like we saw Opening Day or at Yankee Stadium or Nats Park but I expect the worst. He is 4/11 in Quality Starts to this point. Not good at all, it's just that all of the quality starts were quality plus starts and I think that fools some people a little bit. He has been way too inconsistent and relatively poor overall to this point. I would not be opposed to sending him to the minors if Britton is ready to go and I would at least consider replacing him with Steve Johnson until Britton is ready to go.

TAMPA BAY YAB APMAT O(June 3rd)

Kelly Johnson - 2B

Yunel Escobar - SS

Jose Bautista - RF

Edwin Encarnacion - DH

David Cooper - 1B

Brett Lawrie - 3B

Colby Rasmus - CF

J.P. Arencibia - C

Rajai Davis - LF

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

Wow, that must have been some killer trade with the Jays. Seems as though the Rays have gotten the short end on this one.

Wow, that must have been some killer trade with the Jays. Seems as though the Rays have gotten the short end on this one.

OK, thanks. :) I fixed it.

Carlos Pena - 1B

B.J. Upton - CF

Matt Joyce - RF

Ben Zobrist - 2B

Luke Scott - DH

Hideki Matsui - LF

Will Rhymes - 3B

Elliot Johnson - SS

Jose Molina - C

OK, thanks. :) I fixed it.

Carlos Pena - 1B

B.J. Upton - CF

Matt Joyce - RF

Ben Zobrist - 2B

Luke Scott - DH

Hideki Matsui - LF

Will Rhymes - 3B

Elliot Johnson - SS

Jose Molina - C

Haha.. That line-up looks a bit more threatening. I wonder which Jake Arrieta will show up today. At least the Rays don't have one of their aces going today.

Brittany Ghiroli‏@Britt_Ghiroli

Since tossing 8 scoreless IP 5/2 @NY, Arrieta has a 7.96 ERA in last 6 starts. 31 2/3 IP, 41 H, 29 R, 28 ER, 14 BBs, 28 Ks over that stretch

Jake just isn't getting the job done. It's pretty simple. I don't think you take him out of the rotation at this point, but it's more about a lack of superior options than it is about him pitching well enough. His rope is very short at this point. If Hunter continues to pitch well at AAA for 2 more starts, and Arrietta's next 2 starts aren't any better, I think you have to make the change.

Jake just isn't getting the job done. It's pretty simple. I don't think you take him out of the rotation at this point, but it's more about a lack of superior options than it is about him pitching well enough. His rope is very short at this point. If Hunter continues to pitch well at AAA for 2 more starts, and Arrietta's next 2 starts aren't any better, I think you have to make the change.

Tillman is more likely to get another shot then Hunter.

Tillman is more likely to get another shot then Hunter.

Maybe. He hasn't exactly lit AAA on fire either the last two years, although he has thrown some good games of late and Peterson has praised him throughout the season.

Hell, Eveland might get another shot.

But you just can't keep putting Arrietta out there if he continues to pitch as he has the last month.

I'm likely in the minority, but I'd like to see Jake go to AAA and get some instruction from Peterson. Something is just not clicking with him, and maybe a new set of eyes and thoughts will help get him straightened out. If that doesn't work, then I'd make him the closer in Norfolk and prepare him for life as a relief pitcher in the majors.

Archived