The Birds of Camden Yards vs. the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and Baja California - 10pm/420

O's are Legends

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I am just tuning in after work. It looks to me like the D screwed Matusz. How many R's would he have given up without all the E's? And what's with Wieters throwing errors?

In the first 5 innings, 2 of the 3 runs were earned, but it really should have been one. Reimold missed an easy fly ball, flubbed it, and they called it a double.

So, in the first 5 innings, Matusz was essentially responsible for 1 of the 3 runs.

Wieters' error was a bad throw by him, but it was scoopable (which of course Davis failed to do so), so it was half Wieters' fault, half Davis' fault.

Also, in the first 5 innings, Matusz had 6 strikeouts and 0 walks, with the exception of the intentional walk to Pujols. He had an incredible strike-to-ball ratio up until the 6th inning, when he walked 2 batters.

One last note is that in the 6th, the ump called the runner at first safe when he was probably out, so that cost Brian at least 1/3 of an inning, 1 additional run, and who knows how things would have turned out if there was one out with a runner on 2nd instead of no outs with runners on first and second?

For a more accurate breakdown of what really happened, ask somebody that actually knows what they are talking about. :o

So I am just tuning in after work. It looks to me like the D screwed Matusz. How many R's would he have given up without all the E's? And what's with Wieters throwing errors?

Matusz did get screwed by his defense. Trumbo got a double in the first, should have been an error. Basically, after 5, Matusz should have had 1 ER. He walked two guys in the 6th who scored off of O'Day.

Wieters error was on a bunt where he bounced it on Davis. Chris had a rough night unable to pick 3 throws.

Archived