Pineda shut down again

SoBo

Rosenthal tweeting Pineda experiencing weakness in his shoulder again after 15 pitches today. Heading to doc again. Man o man could the Mariners have really fleeced the Yankees on this deal.

It might. It also might mean that the Yankees didn't fleece the Mariners. Have you been paying attention to Jose Campos at all?

On the season, Campos is now 3-0 with a ridiculous 0.56 ERA. He's struck out 18 and walked four in his 16 innings of work. Not to mention, he's allowed just one earned run on the season.

Opposing batters are hitting .093 against the young right-hander—that's just five hits—and he owns a WHIP of 0.56.

Can I throw a SSS at ya? Jk. I had read that Campos was doing well. I know nothing else about him. Is he a legit prospect? This is being done at A ball correct? Maybe the Yankees get lucky and Campos is a steal. But you gotta believe they're less than pleased to see Pineda having shoulder trouble.

Can I throw a SSS at ya? Jk. I had read that Campos was doing well. I know nothing else about him. Is he a legit prospect? This is being done at A ball correct? Maybe the Yankees get lucky and Campos is a steal. But you gotta believe they're less than pleased to see Pineda having shoulder trouble.

Oh I am sure they are not happy at all with Pineda's issues.

I was just stating that even if Pineda doesn't end up being an effective pitcher going forward that Campos could salvage the deal for them.

He is very much a legit prospect, I was hearing a lot of buzz about him in ST as well.

Oh I am sure they are not happy at all with Pineda's issues.

I was just stating that even if Pineda doesn't end up being an effective pitcher going forward that Campos could salvage the deal for them.

He is very much a legit prospect, I was hearing a lot of buzz about him in ST as well.

One would think a Pineda (healthy) for Montero would be pretty even. If not favoring NY. I know Noese went to Seattle as well. Adding Campos adds a little fuel to the fire that maybe the Ms knew Pineda may have had some injury issues.

One would think a Pineda (healthy) for Montero would be pretty even. If not favoring NY. I know Noese went to Seattle as well. Adding Campos adds a little fuel to the fire that maybe the Ms knew Pineda may have had some injury issues.

Everyone knew he had a significant velocity drop during the season last year.

Not even close to the same thing. The O's gave up three useful pieces for an expensive slugger. The Yankees gave up one piece for Pineda and got a good young piece back in Campos.

They gave up two pieces for Pineda - Noesi is a decent arm.*

*More than a throw-in, less than a good prospect.

Not even close to the same thing. The O's gave up three useful pieces for an expensive slugger. The Yankees gave up one piece for Pineda and got a good young piece back in Campos.

I know... I was just making a little joke.

Archived