@ Mets 6/18: BEAT DICKEY

Sanfran327

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not saying you are saying this but just speaking about tonight he didn't implode. It was just one terrible pitch. He made a good pitch to Wright to get in on his hands. The numbers look worse than the effort which is why with all his issues he easily could of had a better fate.

Not talking about tonight's performance, I'm talking about his track record as a major leaguer.

Also - and I'm fully aware that this is 'ifs' and 'maybes' - but if Arrietta gets a flyball out, we're all talking about what a great outing it is.

It sucks that the 6th inning turned out to be awful, but looking at the big picture, Arrieta has been vastly improved his last couple of starts. I think his problem may be mentally not knowing how to deal with losing when he pitches well, so it will be interesting to see how he does next time out, because overall I think he pitched pretty good this evening.

You mean it is classy to be called ignorant...i don't have to take that garbage from anybody.

For the love of God! Is the eclipses your trademark or something? There are other ways to end sentences that are in the middle of your post. I've used three of them in this post.

Such as?

Such as comparing Tommy Hunter and Jake Arrieta to demonstrate a point, two pitchers about as different as two pitchers can be. Such as saying that pitchers who can go 4-5 IP but break down in the 6th are better suited for the bullpen: first off, if a pitcher is breaking down in the 6th it's not because he's struggling the 2nd time through the lineup, because by the 6th he's going through it the 3rd time. Basically, the whole idea that a pitcher that breaks down in the 6th is better suited for the bullpen is flawed: if you can get through 4-5 IP, especially with the peripherals and stuff that Jake has, it's not an issue of needing to go to the bullpen. The issues are something else--look to luck/chance/misfortune and mental obstacles.

Repeating delivery and throwing strikes, if you were watching the game at all tonight, were not a problem for Jake; look to Brian Matusz for struggles repeating his delivery.

Going against a guy who you can't allow a run against doesn't help. If Jake had allowed an infield single to Ike Davis there the result of this game very likely would've been the same, and you all would be applauding the guy.

Look, I called your post ignorant. I didn't call you ignorant. My apologies if I flew off the handle, but it sure seems like comparing Jake Arrieta to Daniel Cabrera is something 99% of this board would agree is kind of ridiculous. But hey, you're right, I shouldn't have dropped the "ignorant" comment.

Fair enough?

Fair enough....and i said i found Arrieta was more frustrating to me than Cabrera....because i have more expectations for Arrieta than i ever had of Cabrera as jake is a much better pitcher. But....water under the bridge.

Archived