@ Mets 6/18: BEAT DICKEY

Sanfran327

So what? It happens. It's not something that's specific to Jake Arrieta. Britton hit a home run last year. Baseball is baseball. I'd be more concerned with that walk than the hit by Dickey.

He wasn't giving in with first base open in the walk AB, I had no problem with that. I still don't know how that damn lefty slap hitter hit the ball so far to LF over Pearce's head. Chavez might have caught it. Our poor defense hasn't cost us as much as it should have but it did tonight even if it was subtle.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go ahead and put this on the record: All of you who are saying Jake Arrieta should go to the pen right now, or is better suited for the pen, or will ultimately end up in the pen, or some variation of the theme, will be eating crow by the end of this season.

Let's just try and take 2 out of 3, as we have done the last two series. I think we'd all take that.

Yep! I'll take 2-out-of-3 all year long...can't help the Yankees are simply killing it right now until we play them..

You may be right about the bullpen. But he's certainly capable of going deep into ballgames. We've seen it plenty of times. He needs to figure out the stretch.

Anytime you've got a starter whose fastball is mid-90's and who shows flashes of 4-5 innings of greatness at a time then blows up, you're gonna get frustration from fans. It's hard to repeat a delivery and throw hard strikes. But when you have a fairly document-able history of going 4-5 strong then blowing up, you're best suited as a relief pitcher.

See: Arrieta & Tommy Hunter. Both are best suited as relievers on a contender or meh starters on an average team.

Anytime you've got a starter whose fastball is mid-90's and who shows flashes of 4-5 innings of greatness at a time then blows up, you're gonna get frustration from fans. It's hard to repeat a delivery and throw hard strikes. But when you have a fairly document-able history of going 4-5 strong then blowing up, you're best suited as a relief pitcher.

See: Arrieta & Tommy Hunter. Both are best suited as relievers on a contender or meh starters on an average team.

There's all kinds of flawed reasoning in this post.

Archived