@ Mets 6/18: BEAT DICKEY

Sanfran327

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sad to see this kind of defeatism, seriously. Four runs? If you can't handle a four-run deficit, don't watch baseball. I don't know what else to tell you.

Good point. Although I have to admit, I never really gave us much of a chance even when it was still scoreless. They just can't hit Dickey. Period.

Pearce could of had the ball in LF with a better jump, a better 3B could of gotten to the bag earlier with better footwork but typical Arrieta. His worst pitch of the night results in a GS, only him.

How about jake not give up a hit to the ****ing pitcher

Guess I was fortunate to be watching the inspiring video about the knuckling Little League phenom girl rather than the build-up to a grand slam by Mendoza-line bumping Ike Davis, begun by a single by the d**n pitcher of all people.

Sad to see this kind of defeatism, seriously. Four runs? If you can't handle a four-run deficit, don't watch baseball. I don't know what else to tell you.

And you clearly don't understand a whole heck of a lot about baseball if you think we are getting 4 runs off a guy who hasn't allowed an earned run in 40 innings.

Put arrieta in the bullpen and LEAVE him in the damn bullpen....he is more frustrating than Daniel Cabrera ever was

FFS man. Jake has pitched a hell of a game tonight. Opinions like this seriously need to stop, they're bordering on flat-out ignorant.

Betemit's issue on that one - not sure what the O's broadcast said/showed but on the Met broadcast the ball clearly gets to third before Dickey returns but Betemit wasn't there

There must be a metric that will tell us whether Betamit is more of a liability in the field than he is a help at the plate.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• No news here. It’s finally raining! For some reason, these poor dudes and dudettes have to stand and protect the field (from fans throwing things?!?) while it rains 😄
    • Raining moderately now, per people at the stadium.  Maybe this was the cell they were waiting on?  
    • Division titles, playoff series, tons of games. 
    • This was my thought after last season in his scouting profile, "With the Orioles currently stacked with second base and shortstops, they can take it a bit slow and allow him to physically mature in AAA next year if there is not an immediate need. We could see the Orioles giving him the Gunnar Henderson treatment by bringing him up late in August so he's available for a playoff roster, but not giving him enough PAs to lose his rookie status for 2025." In this offseason though, Elias said Holliday had a real chance to make the team and then he went out and had a fairly good spring (though with a lot of whiff). I kind of thought maybe I had underestimated him and knowing that the Orioles have more data than I had, I kinda of came to the assessment that the only reason he was sent back was to game his clock. Then he put up good numbers in AAA and it really looked like that was the reason. Then his absolutely disastrous, almost unprecedented immediate failure at the major league level for a any hitting prospect, not to mention he was supposedly the #1 prospects in all of baseball. Since being rightfully returned to AAA, Holliday has slashed .235/.395/.397/.792 in 86 PAs over 18 games, so not exactly making the Orioles look bad for sending him back.  I think sometimes we all forgot that last season he went through a pretty long spell in Aberdeen where he did hit well at all, so it's not like he never had a bad spell last year despite being promoted aggressively by the Orioles.  So whether Cal or I or anyone thinks he was rushed or not, what his numbers have shown us is that he's not ready. YET! Holliday still hits the ball hard and he's still extremely young. He's going to be just fine and this blip will be just that, a blip in what should be a long career. But for now, I'm fine with him getting more experience in AAA. 
    • Wondering if this is a league wide thing this year. IIRC the Reds series had two games like this. Delayed with no actual rain.
    • Hourly weather forecasts show an 80-ish% thunderstorm chance through the 7' o clock hour.  They may be playing it safe so as not to risk burning the starters? 
  • Popular Contributors