What is it about retro uniforms?

NewMarketSean

Not only am I loving the new O's cap, especially the home hat with the white panel (just bought one myself), I love just about every retro uniform that exists. I even like the "they didn't even exist in 1979" Rays throwbacks.

Maybe it's because they remind me of my childhood. Anyone else love retro unis?

Yes, although some may argue the era was bit over the top, the seventies were a great time of creativity for baseball uniforms. Things became really boring and bland in the 90's-00's. The return of the cartoon bird, the Marlins new uniforms, and more teams using alternate colored jerseys has thankfully offset that trend recently.

Although the Rays fauxback uniform is a direct rip of the Padres old duds, from the fonts used on the jersey, right down to the bell shaped panel on front of the cap, they sill look cool, and it's an awesome idea.

I'd love to see the D-Backs, Rockies and maybe even the Marlins and Nats do their own 70's fauxbacks at some point.

Glad to see the Blue Jays go back to their old standards. They wore some truly awful stuff in recent years.

Some wouldn't be good today. I think the Padres couldn't wear their old duds these days. The Astros starburst was horrible but these could be cool. http://www.chrisoleary.com/Projects/Baseball/Pitching/Images/Examples/Example_ScapularLoading_Good_NolanRyan_001.jpg

Elastic waistbands are always awful, though.

Not only am I loving the new O's cap, especially the home hat with the white panel (just bought one myself), I love just about every retro uniform that exists. I even like the "they didn't even exist in 1979" Rays throwbacks.

Maybe it's because they remind me of my childhood. Anyone else love retro unis?

I'm the same way. There's a place in Philly (Mitchell & Ness) that has a lot of retro shirts, hats, jerseys etc. I've got a few different teams, with my favorite being the Brewers old logo with the ball and glove.

Archived