Official-Tejada to Houston

shorebird22

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive never heard anything about these guys...it looks like the overall feeling of the board is dissapointment. Im not an expert, but that doesnt sound promising.

I just checked out Surfate...he seems like he may pan out.

The others just seem average/ to below average...

Troy Patton: 21 year old who can't strike people out at AA or AAA, and may have a bad shoulder.

Matt Albers: 24 year old who got hammered in MLB last year with terrible peripherals, and who didn't dominate at AAA before that.

Mike Costanzo: Scott Moore part II. Probably the best piece in the trade, but remember, we got Scott Moore (and Rocky Cherry) for Steve Tracshel!

Luke Scott: a capable big league left fielder, but already 29; has no value to the O's unless we really, really want to finish 4th instead of 5th for the next couple of seasons.

Dennis Sarfate: minor league closer who walks way too many guys...but hey, he did have 7 good innings with Houston last September.

There's no star potential here, none. Nobody who can be called a grade A or even a B+ prospect.

This trade is pointless unless there's a deal in place to flip Scott for a real prospect.

Troy Patton: 21 year old who can't strike people out at AA or AAA, and may have a bad shoulder.

Matt Albers: 24 year old who got hammered in MLB last year with terrible peripherals, and who didn't dominate at AAA before that.

Mike Costanzo: Scott Moore part II. Probably the best piece in the trade, but remember, we got Scott Moore (and Rocky Cherry) for Steve Tracshel!

Luke Scott: a capable big league left fielder, but already 29; has no value to the O's unless we really, really want to finish 4th instead of 5th for the next couple of seasons.

Dennis Sarfate: minor league closer who walks way too many guys...but hey, he did have 7 good innings with Houston last September.

There's no star potential here, none. Nobody who can be called a grade A or even a B+ prospect.

This trade is pointless unless there's a deal in place to flip Scott for a real prospect.

O U C H

I sure hope Andy does better in his other trades

All the guys have at least some upside, but they all have black marks as well. I would have loved one quality player over a smathering of potentials, but that's just me. Then again, Brian Roberts and Melvin Mora never looked like anything special in the minors, and they developed pretty well in the end.

I think Patton is the real prize, a 21 year old pitching in the majors is usually a very good thing. The lack of Ks is not a positive sign, but he's pitching well above his age level, so the hope is that there's some development.

Archived