vs. ATHLETICS 7/27

OFFNY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen a lot of things this year from him that reminds me why he was fired three other times. He is very slow to adjust mid-game. Whether this is 6th inning or not, that was a momentum inning that Buck wasn't prepared for by having his 6th best reliever in the game.

Now we need to see if the Orioles have another comeback in them.

I can't remember a worse decision from him. If he brings Soco in the 4th inning because Zach is scuffling who cares. I haven't been this mad in years at a manager. We have 50 one inning relievers on this team and he goes to him.

I still can't get over it. WTF was that all about?? OK, you bring in a righty to get Weeks, who's a kid hitting .197 vs. RHP, but why throw in someone who is almost totally unexperienced? And why is he up instead of the much-more experienced Eveland? Buck cd have matched him up against Smith when he pinch hit.

But it actually starts before that: Hicks is a .170-something hitter and he has a home run off of Britton and then Britton walks him. Shd never have happened.

It will be interesting to see how Buck justifies it after the game.

I still can't get over it. WTF was that all about?? OK, you bring in a righty to get Weeks, who's a kid hitting .197 vs. RHP, but why throw in someone who is almost totally unexperienced? And why is he up instead of the much-more experienced Eveland? Buck cd have matched him up against Smith when he pinch hit.

But it actually starts before that: Hicks is a .170-something hitter and he has a home run off of Britton and then Britton walks him. Shd never have happened.

Hopefully he has to justify it after a come from behind win.

I guarantee he will say it was because he had him up earlier. He is our 13th pitcher for crying out loud. Who cares whether he pitches or not. He was here in case Britton got bombed early.

But this isn't news to us, Johnny. We all knew you were wrong. ;)

Thanks Jim ... Way to rub it in:D

By the way I cant believe Buck didnt bring in Lindstrom when it was obvious Sokolovich didnt have a clue...If they lose he should regret the stupid decision. Anyone couldve predicted what happened.

Just a shame on so many levels by Buck. I'm still stunned. I've come to expect better. Just a stupid stupid move on so many levels. How do you not have someone ready to come in case Soco does exactly what he did, and walk two straight batters?

At the very least he should have had protection for a guy coming straight from the minors.

There is a reason Buck continually loses managerial jobs and it's not because his teams have lacked talent.

His roster management, refusal to move guys around and general lack of understanding of in game situations is abysmal.

I'm ready to can him right now. THAT'S how bad thar managing we just saw was. Some of the most atrocious decision making I've ever seen.

Pathetic and depressing.

We had this one. We had it!!!!! And out stupid manager gave it away. I'm disgusted.

Archived