Rick Dempsey's Hyperbole-of-the-Night

Catch 8

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dempsey also said he was going to almost singlehandly bring the Orioles the 83 series. I didnt belive one of the three dwarves could actually do it. But guess what. Dempsey was the man. and the man on the highest stage a baseball player can play at. Dempsey didnt choke.

Verlander might be able to save choking men with balls to the chest. One guy who wont need it is Dempsey.

What random crap was I writing this day? Wow.

I hope you're exaggerating for effect. Because there's ZERO reason to think that a 26-year-old with a .776 career OPS and a 5:1 K:BB ratio is going to OPS 1.500 over any extended period. Babe Ruth never had a season within 150 points of Davis' OPS over the past week. On the other hand, David Newhan once OPS'd 1.500 over a week (happened to be his first week with the Orioles).

Perfect example of why one should not use absolutes like zero. ;)

Sounds like you just want to pill on. I don't even like Dempsey but don't pick

something as innocent as that is pilling on. IMO

I'm not PILING on. It's my honest perspective. I don't like broadcasters using "we." I'm not alone, either, but its obviously a personal preference. You see it as innocent, I see it as an indicator that he's ill-suited for broadcast. Piling on would be more like commenting about the clothes he wears or something utterly insignificant to how he does his job as an analyst.

Also, yes, props to Dempsey...of course the obvious counter is the broken clock argument.

Archived