Adam Dunn on the Block?

lofireve

Potential to be a top 10 'offenseman' (since SG permanently objects to my use of the word "hitter") in baseball, 26...in terms of playing baseball, he's one of the best.

You think Dunn is a potential top 10 hitter, but Teixeira is overrated? Seems like the main concerns about Teixeira (VORP, home/road splits) apply even more to Dunn than to Teixeira, plus the fact that Dunn is a well below average defender and Teixeira is above average, and it seems like Dunn is the one being overrated.

I've never really like Dunn all the much. I'd love to have him in our lineup at LF or 1B or DH because he is a very, very good hitter, but not for just one year, and not if the cost is one of our young pitchers or other prospects/young players.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Potential to be a top 10 'offenseman' (since SG permanently objects to my use of the word "hitter") in baseball, 26...in terms of playing baseball, he's one of the best.

And yeah, if they're going to represent the "Dunn stinks horribly" extreme, someone has to represent the "man-crush" extreme.

See, that's where you're wrong. People respect your opinion a lot more when you just present the truth and don't treat hyperbole as fact. Let the guys who're wrong make the ridiculous statements, and the fact they're wrong will quickly become apparent.

Archived