They did it! They did it! The Baltimore Orioles are in the playoffs

tinamodotti

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Hats off to Buck and the players. They know we have more work to do, and they are going to do everything they can, not only to have a playoff game in Baltimore for the fans, but to realize the goals and dream of the organization. I think people believe in the team, our fans believe in the team, and the think a lot of the investments the owners made in the team bear fruit. And I'm just happy we made the first step."

Dan Duquette

I think I have this right:

Any tie breaker game Oct 4th

wild Card game Oct 5th.

#1 (best record) plays #4/5 (winner of wild card game) @ #4/5 Sunday 7th, Monday Oct 8th - First home game for #1 team Wed the 10th.

#2 (al east/west winner w/o best record) plays #3 (central winner) @ Chicago/Det Sat 6th Sun 7th - First home game for #2 team Tues the 9th.

This is so absolutely freaking cool. :2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb:

Sorry, that I'm late to the celebration. I attended the last two games and I'm absolutely exhausted from celebrating. When Nate hit that HR, in the first inning, I had chills, because I knew...DESTINY. I have no doubt...this is our year. :thumbsup1:

I can't help but believe that Flanny, my dad and all the other O's fans we lost this past year, are up there smiling and celebrating along with us (it saddens me, though, that they aren't here physically to celebrate with us).

BELIEVE.

This is so absolutely freaking cool. :2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb:

Sorry, that I'm late to the celebration. I attended the last two games and I'm absolutely exhausted from celebrating. When Nate hit that HR, in the first inning, I had chills, because I knew...DESTINY. I have no doubt...this is our year. :thumbsup1:

I can't help but believe that Flanny, my dad and all the other O's fans we lost this past year, are up there smiling and celebrating along with us.

BELIEVE.

I've thought the exact same thing. You gotta think that Flanny, Cal Sr., Elrod, Rex Barney, Chuck Thompson, Wild Bill, and all of the other Oriole greats and great Oriole fans who have passed away are watching and cheering just as hard as we are!

Archived