They did it! They did it! The Baltimore Orioles are in the playoffs

tinamodotti

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's actually correct. The Rays have a Win % of 0.553 on the year. That means the probability of them winning their next three games is (0.553)*(0.553)*(0.553), or 0.169. The A's have a Win % of 0.572 which means the probability of them losing is 0.428. That means the probability of them losing their next three is (0.428)*(0.428)*(0.428), or 0.078. The probability of both events happening is equal to 0.078*0.169, which is 0.013, or about 1%.

I don't know why I did that, I guess because I just finished my Stats homework.

On topic: What a season, I was about to enter Elementary school the last time the O's were in the playoffs. Now, I'm a Junior in college.

The true odds of Oakland getting swept by Texas is much lower. If Texas wins the first game, then they will have won the division and will set up their rotation for the post season.

Not since 1997 when I sat in the stands at OPACY with my then school age son and watched Jeff Reboulet take the big unit deep have I experienced this kind of joy from the O's. Just called my son now in another city with a great job and new bride and celebrated again.

Thank you Os!!! :D:clap3::hearts::2yay-thumb:

This team exceeded all my expectations, made me (gladly) eat humble pie on several occasions, and from a likability standpoint rivals 1979's assembly of Weaver-led over-achievers. Congrats to the team and to everyone on this board who has raged, persevered and rallied through the years and come out all the better for it. Let's get the Division and get away from that one-game crapshoot (although I love our odds if that's how it is... especially if it goes extras...!!)

I've only been rooting for the O's since I moved here in 1996, so I can't say how this compares to being an O's fan during the glory years. But this is definitely the most likeable O's team I ever rooted for! And I love the fact that they are winning according to Earl's recipe--pitching, defense and power.

All the suffering and sticking with them all these years makes it that much sweeter.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I raise a toast to everyone here as well as everyone who has continued to be a fan of this team through everything that happened over the past decade and a half. This moment is why we stayed and the greater moments are still to come!

Congratulations to all 52 players, Buck, the coaches, Richie Bancells, Brian Ebel, the other staffers, DD and his staff, plus PGA and the Angelos family. Thanks for a great ride, but the Orioles aren't done yet. Let's grab the AL East title. You can do it.

I just looked at my bottle of Captain Morgans and realized something was missing

So I put a sticker I have of an Orioles hat over that damn pirate hat he was wearing.

He looks much happier now :)

Oh yea....so glad to be off tomorrow lol

It's going to be REALLY important to take AT LEAST the top wildcard spot. I want no parts of traveling out to Oakland for 1 game and lose. Call me greedy, but I'm not satisfied with JUST getting to the postseason. I want to be in a series, BAD.

Archived