They did it! They did it! The Baltimore Orioles are in the playoffs

tinamodotti

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the game today and just got home from an evening out in Baltimore just in time to see the Angels lose and I am so, so, so, so, so, so happy. This is just amazing. I've been dreaming of this feeling since I was a kid.

I was at the game today and just got home from an evening out in Baltimore just in time to see the Angels lose and I am so, so, so, so, so, so happy. This is just amazing. I've been dreaming of this feeling since I was a kid.

I was at the game too. We need to find an official RVA spot to watch the games for the ones we can't go to.

It's 12:37am, I gotta teach at 8:30 and I am opening my first beer. This team is special. I watched in part or entirity all the games this season and at this point I feel like I know these guys like best friends. I hope the win the whole thing for themselves. They have earned the right to continue on. I have enjoyed the whole ride. They don't hve to win for me. They have to when for themselves. They are an amazing team. I hope to see AJ dowsing everyone with champagne. Take it to them boys, we love you win or lose.

I was 12 years old the last time the Orioles made the playoffs. Therefore, I barely remember them playing in the playoffs. I can't tell you how awesome it is to see the Orioles have a winning season. Nobody can call the Orioles a bunch of losers anymore. If Buck Showalter does not win manager of the year, I think Oriole fans should go to the MLB office in New York and protest. Buck Showalter has done an incredible job this season. I don't know if Earl Weaver could have done a better job than Buck has this season. Dan should also win GM of the year as well. Buckle up boys! This is going to be one hell of a ride. I may start drinking soon and I don't normally drink.

Andrew

I love this team so much. I'm 18 and can't remember a winner and I still managed to stick with them all these years. I remember being 9 and 10 years old in school counting down the hours/minutes to the first game of the season. I always looked at the roster before the season and was naive enough to believe in us making the playoffs. I actually looked at rosters filled with guys like Conine, Gibbons, Ponson, Millar and so on and thought maybe "this is the year we win." And even when we were 20 games out of first place my family would sometimes hear me crying in my room after an Orioles loss. And now here I am I'm 18 years old and finally experiencing what I thought I would all those years. The Orioles are in the playoffs. And instead of crying about my team losing, I'm crying about my team finally winning.

I love this team so much. I'm 18 and can't remember a winner and I still managed to stick with them all these years. I remember being 9 and 10 years old in school counting down the hours/minutes to the first game of the season. I always looked at the roster before the season and was naive enough to believe in us making the playoffs. I actually looked at rosters filled with guys like Conine, Gibbons, Ponson, Millar and so on and thought maybe "this is the year we win." And even when we were 20 games out of first place my family would sometimes hear me crying in my room after an Orioles loss. And now here I am I'm 18 years old and finally experiencing what I thought I would all those years. The Orioles are in the playoffs. And instead of crying about my team losing, I'm crying about my team finally winning.

I'm glad you're getting to experience it. But man oh man I know the feeling you're talking about. The most heartbreaking season for me during this stretch was the 2005 one. It had so much hope and then it ended so tragically with first Rafael Palmeiro getting busted for steroids which was heartbreaking because Raffy was a guy I loved growing up. He wasn't Ripken or Brady Anderson but one of my favorite O's. And then the downhill from there. It's a wonderful time to be an O's fan and I hope we get to enjoy more years like this one but this one will always be special. This is my favorite O's team in my 17 years living and breathing Orioles baseball.

The table shows the Rays with a 1% chance of making the playoffs?? I mean I wish they were eliminated but they have more than a 1% chance of sweeping the Os while the A's lost 3 straight I would think.

Well, even if you feel that they have a 60% chance of winning each game, and Oakland has a 60% chance of losing each game to Texas, the odds of all 6 games going that way would be 0.6 * 0.6 * 0.6 * 0.6 * 0.6 * 0.6 = 0.0466. And that is their chance of just getting to a tiebreak game with Oakland. The would then have to go to Oakland and win that, which is a 50/50 shot at best.

So that comes to about a 2% chance for them. And honestly, I think 60% for each of their games was a high estimate. Knock it down to 55% for each game and you pretty much have them at 1% to make the playoffs.

As someone who has killed the O's in the past for their ineptitude, I can't even put into words what I feel right now. I'm in Paris so I just found out waking up. I watched the game yesterday and hoped the team would be able to celebrate with the fans, but sadly it didn't happen. But this is sweet too. It's like having been held in prison for 15 years and now you're free with Donald Trump money. I love this team, I love Baltimore and. I love the OH. I wish I was here to celebrate with everyone in person. But I am holding down the Paris OH contingency. :laughlol:

Archived