Roberts Comes Clean

Night Owl

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is your oppinon

Like I said.The world would be a better place if it was filled with people with truly kind hearts like Brians.:)

Sadly,they are getting rarer everyday

Im just wondering how you would feel if it was {insert player name other than Roberts} who issued the statement AFTER he was implicated.

I really would like to believe Brian when he states that he only did steroids once. However, I can’t help but think back to March 2005 and a finger-shaking Rafael Palmeiro to see how untrustworthy baseball players are when it comes to “refuting” PED use. I can’t help to look back to August 2005 and all the hypocritical statements from Jay Gibbons about Palmeiro’s positive test result.

I no longer believe any of them.

Witchy

They are against all those things. Always have been. Fehr, right now, is desperately trying to figure out how to keep a hardline stance and not look like the bad guy. Guess what, a-hole...too late. Everyone always likes to throw Selig under the bus, and while I think he's exactly what he is: a used car salesman...I don't blame him completely for this mess. This mess, and most of baseballs underlying problems, stem from the MLBPA having too much power. This is no exception. They derailed all attempts at decent testing for years.

Hell, you could even hear it in Seligs voice when he had his press conference, and he was mentioning the Mitchell Report recommendations. He was like "those that I can do autonomously would be done immediately. He then paused, and his tone changed when he talked about the stuff that was up for collective bargaining.

I agree the Fehr is going to try to make himself and the Players Union look like the good guys. I'm a Selig under the bus thrower myself, but the problems in Major League Baseball are a result of more than just him as Mitchell said in his report. One of my biggest problems recently with Selig is that he did not want to admit to any responsibility for the state of baseball regarding performance enhancing drugs.

I really would like to believe Brian when he states that he only did steroids once. However, I can’t help but think back to March 2005 and a finger-shaking Rafael Palmeiro to see how untrustworthy baseball players are when it comes to “refuting” PED use. I can’t help to look back to August 2005 and all the hypocritical statements from Jay Gibbons about Palmeiro’s positive test result.

I no longer believe any of them.

Witchy

A wise, albeit fictional, man, has the right of it:

Crap, nevermind, stupid images. It was a picture of Hugh Laurie wearing a House "Everybody Lies" t-shirt. This way is so much stupider than the showing the image.

Correction. Robert STATES that it was one time.

*ducks*

Honestly, I am willing to believe him... but Roberts will get a little misery over this whole thing, which is unfortunately unfair. The court of public opinion is unkind, and will lump BRob into the same holding cell as Clemens and Loduca.

I agree the Fehr is going to try to make himself and the Players Union look like the good guys. I'm a Selig under the bus thrower myself, but the problems in Major League Baseball are a result of more than just him as Mitchell said in his report. One of my biggest problems recently with Selig is that he did not want to admit to any responsibility for the state of baseball regarding performance enhancing drugs.

Mainly because he feels he couldn't do anything because of the Union. Even when he had better leverage he got cockblocked, until Congress got involved.

Step off, or I'll pop a cap in yo ...

Don't you know an angry, off-the-cuff, emotional, not-yet-thought-out reaction when you see it?

:D Hilarious! :D

Bigbie is NOT a rat. Faced with a potential False Statements charge and the "up to 5 years" that goes with it... He did what all SHOULD do. There are still a few out there that insist on trying to buck the system, but usually that lands them in prison. We need more people who stand by their actions good or bad and live with the consequences.

Im just wondering how you would feel if it was {insert player name other than Roberts} who issued the statement AFTER he was implicated.

Don't even bother. It's like talking to a brick wall.

She's already given me negative rep in the poll thread, because I wrote "No, I don't" in response to the poll question. :rolleyes:

Mainly because he feels he couldn't do anything because of the Union. Even when he had better leverage he got cockblocked, until Congress got involved.

I agree with this. The union should have never been allowed to get as powerful as it did.

The owners are partly to blame for the union getting as powerful as it did.

Archived