BlueJays on verge of acquiring Josh Johnson

Greg

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should probably wait and see what the Jays gave up before we start blasting the Orioles...

I'm not blasting them for not making THIS trade. It's the theory and belief, that signing guys like Hamilton and Grienke, would hamstring this team for years to come or bankrupt them. If the Blue Jays can afford to take on those kind of commitments, then the O's have no excuses.

Wow, man, we really need to step up now. Toronto just get injury-prone ace, eaning eater, elite SS and two useful bats for the bench.

Johnson

Buehrle

Romero

Morrow

Happ

Reyes

Rasmus

Bautista

Encarnacion

Lawrie

Lind

Bonifacio

Buck/Arencibia

Gose

That's very good...

I'm not blasting them for not making THIS trade. It's the theory and belief, that signing guys like Hamilton and Grienke, would hamstring this team for years to come or bankrupt them. If the Blue Jays can afford to take on those kind of commitments, then the O's have no excuses.

Despite popular belief, the Blue Jays are NOT a small market club. Toronto is a world class city with a significantly larger population than Baltimore (5.5m vs 2.5m) as well as a media market that includes all of Canada and several million people in upstate New York.

When you own the lion's share of a RSN that reaches from Charlotte to Harrisburg you are only as small a market as your owner forces you to be.

Guessing that was a sarcastic post by DH

Angeloes the billionaire lawfirm and TV station owner isn't hurting for cash, hes just a cheapskate. This woulda been chunk change for him.

You're going to ignore me, I know, but Toronto is 4x bigger than Baltimore, the only team in Canada, has said they have been saving money for the right time, and has a bigger TV deal. The other side of it is that ANGELOS controls the budget, not us, and he has not shown he is going to make those kind of commitments. If he did, the money wouldn't be there for other things. Its such a simple concept yet everyday I read crap on this site as if fans themselves are the ones holding back the payroll.

Archived