Troy Glaus anyone?

ShoelesJoe

Not terrible to give anyone a spring invite, didnt bother me that we had Willis and Moyer on flyers. Just bothers me the idea of thinking that we can "platoon" 6 players at a position and call it a suitable roster.

The O's are going with a three man rotation this year, to accommodate for all of the platoons ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He seemed about the only player that didn't have a thread for this offseason. Any interest? Maybe he can be our MOO we don't need? Thoughts?:)

He did play in the independent league, so that is a big plus that the O's might be interested:)

Na, i'm still holding out for Manny Ramirez. He's spent the last year ridding his body of PED's and he's ready to prove he's legit. He's a perfect buy low canidate. He could be this years Nate McLouth and last years..um..Nate McLouth ;)

Sheesh. Somebody's going to give Glaus a chance, and pay him next to nothing (by MLB standards) for the opportunity. If he is healthy then what have we to lose by being that team? Are the Orioles really that deep in offense that they can turn their nose up at a cheap, potential power/OB bat? Remember who was DHing for us in the final game of the playoffs against Sabathia and the MFY with our entire season on the line? Lew freakin' Ford, that's who. I'd have taken a healthy Glaus in that spot eight days a week.

The Orioles are going to play platoons this year. Duquette and Buck clearly think it's the best option given the budget. Get over it. ;)

Your delusional if you think Buck would take McLouth over Hamilton, and do sco with a straight face. I don't care how many cherries Buck puts on top of his sundaes during interviews. DD works under the budget he's given, and Buck fills out the lineup card using the spare parts he's given. Don't act like you know this is the way Buck and DD thinks things should be done. Oh yeah...;)

Your delusional if you think Buck would take McLouth over Hamilton, and do so with a straight face. I don't care how many cherries Buck puts on top of his sundaes during interviews. DD works under the budget he's given, and Buck fills out the lineup card using the spare parts he's given. Don't act like you know this is the way Buck and DD thinks things should be done. Oh yeah...;)

Helps when you read what somebody says before responding.

Duquette and Buck clearly think it's the best option given the budget.

Archived