M's get Ibanez

Greg

So what does the Mariners line up look like now?

2B Dustin Ackley/Robert Andino

LF Michael Saunders/Mike Carp

1B Kendrys Morales/Justin Smoak

CA Jesus Montero/John Jaso

DH Jason Bay/Raul Ibanez

CF Franklin Gutierrez

3B Kyle Seager

RF Casper Wells

SS Brendan Ryan

Man they're crowded. And still not very good.

So what does the Mariners line up look like now?

2B Dustin Ackley/Robert Andino

LF Michael Saunders/Mike Carp

1B Kendrys Morales/Justin Smoak

CA Jesus Montero/John Jaso

DH Jason Bay/Raul Ibanez

CF Franklin Gutierrez

3B Kyle Seager

RF Casper Wells

SS Brendan Ryan

Man they're crowded. And still not very good.

14 names and only 12 will make the team. I bet Smoak is gone.

The Mariners have added some offense this week. At least they are trying. They still need more offense and pitching. The Yankees lost another bench player who did provide some power off the bench.

He was paid $1.1M last year and will get $2.75M from Seattle. He's not worth that much to NY. The guy will be 41 in June.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I love that we have so many young assets like the OP mentioned. My issue with this framework is that we still need to add a big piece or 2 to add to the core if we are going to contend for a World Series. I don’t see this roster even with all of the young adds next year being able to beat Houston, Seattle, Toronto, Dodgers, Braves, Mets next year in a short series. Don’t get me wrong I am VERY excited to have so many young promising players. But I hope there is a plan to add to this in order to compete for a championship.
    • I'm surprised to hear this from you.  I assume you're inferring how the FO feels?
    • Mountcastle has a long swing and at times swings at just about everything. I don’t think he’s anymore than a mediocre player with an occasional hot streak.
    • At first I didn’t care if Judge got to 62. Now I hope he’s stuck on 61 for the season.    The crying by Yankees fans about how we didn’t groove one so Judge can have the record #%^%#. I’m counting down, 2 games left, I hope Texas walks him 8 times.
    • I agree if we had a stud on the other side that could actually get home. But we don’t, we now have two geriatric NFL players, a guy trying to return from a serious injury, and a rookie that will try to make the jump to the NFL after suffering a serious injury doing draft drills. Man we have a great plan! I swear, you or I could done better than this bunch. Bisciotti needs to fire the whole bunch. They’ve outstayed their value. 
    • Same issue Clowney has.  But pressures and hurries make are still very valuable.
    • I guess it depends on if you think this year or last year is the Real Mountcastle. Last year’s numbers have him as borderline top 10 at the position. I think he’ll be closer to last year and could pop higher year to year. Top 10 1B with elite Catcher and SS/3B and you’ve got a good foundation.
  • Popular Contributors