Article that explains the off season (problems)

MemorialStadKid

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mostly it's just idle curiosity. I was defending MSK's rights to express his opinions a few pages back, but if he's posted under 35 aliases that's inexcusable, and it would be interesting to see the list just to see if I can remember whether all those posters sounded just like MSK, and whether anything is being posted now under those names.

Twenty Five that I found. Similar Emails as well. It was a typo because I was multitasking. So I guess that is not Quite so bad. ;)

That's impossible.

I'll tell you why. I have lived in 4 different places in Los Angeles. Bought 3 different computers.

I lived in 3 different places while living in NYC area. Had 2 different computers.

I don't know how I could have come up with all that you're talking about.

MSK

Thanks for the reply. I will look for other simialr acounts from the area then. These are all the same address. I will have to look for your other ones.

You know, Tony is the nicest guy in the world defending someone's right to state his opinion. Even multiple times. He gives a limited poster status away for free to those who care to share for those who can not afford plus. I do think it is a great affront to purposely evade the plus system since 2005. I want an answer.

And I was a paid member for a while. Maybe you should recheck your information man.

I don't mind paying now either.

MSK

That's impossible.

I'll tell you why. I have lived in 4 different places in Los Angeles. Bought 3 different computers.

I lived in 3 different places while living in NYC area. Had 2 different computers.

MSK

The word you're looking for is "improbable." Not impossible. Unless you're calling weams a liar...?

Thanks for the reply. I will look for other simialr acounts from the area then. These are all the same address. I will have to look for your other ones.

A suggestion based on past experience, if I may? Trace the IP to the ISP, and see if it's one that doesn't have static IP addresses, issuing new ones at each log in (this is more of a remnant of dial up, though), or whether it's a popular proxy IP in the area.

Late in this discussion but I can surmise what was largely said, so I will jump in even though some of what I say may have been covered already.

I think the "luck wins" is an interesting theory but flawed and goes back to the never ending run differential debate that was the hot bottom topic surrounding the 2012 Orioles.

The Orioles python record and RS/RA was largely skewed by being outscored by 59 runs in June and July when they were hit with injuries and struggled, going 26-27.

By the end of July, the team was solidified by calling up Machado and installing McClouth into the starting line-up. The additions of Gonzalez, Tillman and Saunders to the rotation also helped a ton, too.

So, the team that finished Aug, Sept and Oct with a 38-20 record is largely coming back minus Reynolds, and assuming that Saunders is re-signed.

So do people believe this is still the team that was 26-27 in June/July? Or is this the team that was 38-20 in Aug/Sep/Oct?

The team is more like the 38-20 team than it is the 26-27 team right now....and this is still with 2 months left before ST begins for DD to upgrade the team.

I understand there is a lot of flukey stats with the 2012 Orioles, but I believe that the stability of guys like Bundy, Machado, Tillman, Gonzalez and McClouth could even out the gap between "luck" and "talent" and also even out our pythag record.

That said, I do believe this team is an 85 win team, as constructed. I just don't think we'll be able to pull off what we did last year, again.

That's impossible.

MSK

Were you BilboBaghins?

Archived