Joe Saunders update

wildcard

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-joe-saunders-says-hed-love-to-come-back-to-baltimore-20130104,0,5511410.story?track=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

?I?m a pretty patient kind of guy. I?ve always been that kind of guy, to really wait and see how it all plays out,? said Saunders, who was 3-3 with a 3.63 ERA in seven regular season starts with the Orioles after being acquired from Arizona in August. ?First and foremost, I?d like to come back to Baltimore and do some great things in 2013. But, from my standpoint, my hands are kind of tied. I pay my agent to do his job and hopefully it all works out.?

If Saunders really wants to play for a contender, then you probably can cross off Minnesota and the Mets for sure. I guess you could make a case for either Seattle or San Diego to take a step forward in 2013, but Baltimore still seems like the best landing spot for him.

If Saunders really wants to play for a contender, then you probably can cross off Minnesota and the Mets for sure. I guess you could make a case for either Seattle or San Diego to take a step forward in 2013, but Baltimore still seems like the best landing spot for him.

Saunders says he wants to play for a contender. That O's are the only contender pursuing him. The Mets, Mariners, Twins and Padres are not likely to contend. The Angels are mentioned in the article but they have been out on Saunders since they acquired Blanton, Hanson and Vargas while spending a ton of money on Hamilton. It does not sound like the O's get any extra points for being close to his parents where he grew up. His home and family are now in Arizona. Money with be the bottom line and the no team is going to offer him three years IMO. It really is about who offers him two years and who stays firm at one year plus an option.

Saunders says he wants to play for a contender. That O's are the only contender pursuing him. The Mets, Mariners, Twins and Padres are not likely to contend. The Angels are mentioned in the article but they have been out on Saunders since they acquired Blanton, Hanson and Vargas while spending a ton of money on Hamilton. It does not sound like the O's get any extra points for being close to his parents where he grew up. His home and family are now in Arizona. Money with be the bottom line and the no team is going to offer him three years IMO. It really is about who offers him two years and who stays firm at one year plus an option.

I'd give him two years. Never three.

Archived