BRIAN MATUSZ O (vs. YANKEES, 5/20)

IP:. 0.33 *

H:o 1

R:O 0

BB: 0

SO: 1

Pitches: 9 (6 Strikes, 3 Balls)

2013 ERA: 2.65

* Matusz entered the game with runners on 1st and 3rd base and two outs.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRIAN MATUSZ O (vs. BLUE JAYS, 5/26)

IP:. 1 *

H:o 0

BB: 1

SO: 2

Pitches: 24 (14 Strikes, 10 Balls)

2013 ERA: 3.15

* Matusz entered the game with a runner on 1st base and 2 outs.

BRIAN MATUSZ O (vs. ASTROS, 6/06)

IP:. 0.33 *

H:o 0

BB: 0

SO: 1

Pitches: 6 (3 Strikes, 3 Balls)

2013 ERA: 3.00

* Matusz entered the game with a runner on 1st base and two outs.

Simply not as dominant as last year. Numbers against lefties still good, although this outing changes that.

This is why he has no business being a starter. Two or three of the ugliest sliders I've ever seen him throw. Fastballs in the middle of the plate.

Gross, Brian.

Yep. Brian did his best today to pull a defeat out of the jaws of victory. Thankfully, Brian didn't succeed. Can't we just get two games in a row where BOTH the starter and the bullpen do well? I'm not asking for much!

He wasn't as bad as the line though. The first hit was off the end of the bat bloop. Then he gave up a shattered bat even after the fact he got the guy to pop up but we let it fall in foul territory. We catch that he is out of the inning with just two hits one a bloop and the homer which was a bad pitch.

Simply not as dominant as last year. Numbers against lefties still good, although this outing changes that.

This is why he has no business being a starter. Two or three of the ugliest sliders I've ever seen him throw. Fastballs in the middle of the plate.

Gross, Brian.

Yep, I had advocated he get another shot, but you can't BMW about your role in the pen and then not perform when they call on you.

Archived