TT: Wieters bat becoming a liability from left side

Tony-OH

Blah, blah, blah. Bottom line: offensive disappointment. What happened to the "Next Johnny Bench"? Dude isn't even the next Ted Simmons.

Guess you werent an O's fan when they were trotting Paul Bako or Geronimo Gil out there. Wieters isnt the next Johnny Bench? So what. What exactly is so bad about having a catcher that will hit .260 and 20-25 HR while playing GG defense, keeping the pitchers in check, and making the oppositions running game a non-factor? You want Taylor Teagarden as the everyday C? Wieters wont be fully appreciated until hes no longer an Oriole. Thwn people can complain about Expisito starting.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guess you werent an O's fan when they were trotting Paul Bako or Geronimo Gil out there. Wieters isnt the next Johnny Bench? So what. What exactly is so bad about having a catcher that will hit .260 and 20-25 HR while playing GG defense, keeping the pitchers in check, and making the oppositions running game a non-factor? You want Taylor Teagarden as the everyday C? Wieters wont be fully appreciated until hes no longer an Oriole. Thwn people can complain about Expisito starting.

Oh bullcrap. You want a mediocre offensive catcher you can have him. We expected something special out of this guy...and deserved it...but he's just another average hacker. And I for one am pissed off.

Oh bullcrap. You want a mediocre offensive catcher you can have him. We expected something special out of this guy...and deserved it...but he's just another average hacker. And I for one am pissed off.

If you believed the hype, then you set yourself up for disappointment. I am thrilled to have Matt Wieters as the everyday C. And im sure every team without a Molina or Posey would be too. And as good as Poseys bat is, hes not in Matts league defensively.

If you believed the hype, then you set yourself up for disappointment. I am thrilled to have Matt Wieters as the everyday C. And im sure every team without a Molina or Posey would be too. And as good as Poseys bat is, hes not in Matts league defensively.

Then you're a freakin loser. Wieters sucks.

Let me get this straight. Wieters was supposed to be a stud with the bat. Great college numbers. Great minor's numbers. Actually compared to Johnny Bench. But you're satisfied that's he no better than Rick Dempsey? Yeah, don't bother with me. I'll be in study hall dreaming of a real catcher. Again, Wieters sucks and you're a hoser.

Let me get this straight. Wieters was supposed to be a stud with the bat. Great college numbers. Great minor's numbers. Actually compared to Johnny Bench. But you're satisfied that's he no better than Rick Dempsey? Yeah, don't bother with me. I'll be in study hall dreaming of a real catcher. Again, Wieters sucks and you're a hoser.

I suggest you look up Dempsey's stats while your in study hall, and compare them to Wieter's. Might aswell use that time for something useful.

Matt and Hardy will get better but they are what they are; good hitters for their positions but not necessarily good hitters compared to many other players. Hardy's first season here, and the hope that attached to Wieters, are both above what the Orioles will get from them. If your 1-7 hitters are producing, putting Matt and JJ 8 and 9 is a great lineup. Having them hit 6 and 7 isn't doing much good though with Nolan struggling and Brob out there aren't any other choices.

You must spread some Reputation around before deducting it from Billy Button again.

You must spread some Reputation around before deducting it from Billy Button again.

Reputation? Are you kidding me? Oh boo hoo. I might get a bad rep point on a stupid internet message board. Hey Drungo, go help an old lady cross a busy street and do something useful with your life. Now make sure you go and tell Tony how I was mean to you.

As long as the O's can score 5 runs a games, be at or near the top to the league runs scored and win at at rate of .600 with Wieters in the lineup------ I am fine with it.

Yep. Just like Rick Dempsey with the old Birds. Man how people's expectations have fallen with this average hack of a catcher.

Reputation? Are you kidding me? Oh boo hoo. I might get a bad rep point on a stupid internet message board. Hey Drungo, go help an old lady cross a busy street and do something useful with your life. Now make sure you go and tell Tony how I was mean to you.

You're done. Read the board rules, somewhere in there it pretty much says you can't act like a 17-year-old on a bender.

You might want to read the rules around here because you obviously are in violation. Take a few days to cool off.

Archived