A Plea to end the Gary Glitter "Hey, You Suck!" chant

Mr Snuffleupagus

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still furious the University of Maryland stopped the band from playing it to start football and basketball games. That was like 2004.

FURIOUS!

They played that when I was there way back in the early 80s, but the chant then was...different.

Hey!

Get laid

Get f-d.

Memories. Man I loved those co-Ed years. :D

I actually like that....just not when the O's are playing there. :o

Does it change your mind if I tell you that whistle thing is actually advertising? It's the theme of P.C. Richard & Son.

Basically, strikeouts of the visiting team at Yankee Stadium are sponsored by P.C. Richard & Son. It's obnoxious.

Does it change your mind if I tell you that whistle thing is actually advertising? It's the theme of P.C. Richard & Son.

Basically, strikeouts of the visiting team at Yankee Stadium are sponsored by P.C. Richard & Son. It's obnoxious.

Wow, I did not know that.

Unlike that big Yankee fan Dipper I did not like it in the first place, now I especially don't like it.

Why lower yourself to their standards?

Because I'm not gonna sit back and watch while another fan base heckles our players and fans in our home ballpark. I'm as laid back as they come, but I'm not gonna get pushed around in my home park by a bunch of bandwagon morons.

Because I'm not gonna sit back and watch while another fan base heckles our players and fans in OUR HOME BALLPARK. I'm as laid back as they come, but I'm not gonna get pushed around in my home park by a bunch of bandwagon morons.

I can moderately understand those who like it during Red Sox and Yankee series. But seriously, we were playing the Rays, if there is one team you should moderately respect, it's them. How many of their fans roll up to Camden and call it Tropicana North?

I can moderately understand those who like it during Red Sox and Yankee series. But seriously, we were playing the Rays, if there is one team you should moderately respect, it's them. How many of their fans roll up to Camden and call it Tropicana North?

More significantly, how many times have they kicked both the Yankees and the Red Sox in the balls since 2008 ???

More significantly, how many times have they kicked both the Yankees and the Red Sox in the balls since 2008 ???
Right, I've always felt like we were allies with TB.

Remember when we essentially GAVE THEM Chad Bradford for the stretch run in 2008 ???

Who says Angelos and MacPhail didn't have some vindictiveness in them ??? :laughlol:

The "Hey you suck!" chant is always going to sound out of place to me at OPACY, just cause it sounds so much like a college sports thing for frat boys to yell... but this is a new generation of O's fans, especially after last year. I'm hoping the crowds stay as rowdy, passionate and LOUD as they were on Cal's statue day, and I'll gladly take some childish namecalling with it.

I had no idea what the 7 Nation chant was, so I ventured into the Internet and found out. Huh. I always thought they played it because it was just "O" over and over again. Why wouldn't the O's use that?

No, I'm not a football fan. Obviously. :)

Archived