A Plea to end the Gary Glitter "Hey, You Suck!" chant

Mr Snuffleupagus

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe the crowd at OPACY should start utilizing the Hey Batta' Batta', Swiiiiing Batta' chant while mixing in a few "Pitchers's got a big butt" harmonies. And of course end each game with a 2-4-6-8 Who do we appreciate: Ray's!

Just saying, Little League is not the Major Leagues.

We want a batter not a broken ladder!

I can moderately understand those who like it during Red Sox and Yankee series. But seriously, we were playing the Rays, if there is one team you should moderately respect, it's them. How many of their fans roll up to Camden and call it Tropicana North?

I agree with you. I have a ton of respect for the Rays, and quite frankly, every other team not from Boston or New York.

I think the "Hey you suck" chant is lame, classless and beneath what I expect from O's fans. However, I do like the "Seven Nation Army" one. It's a great fit and I love hearing crowds sing in unison like they do at football matches. I've always wished American crowds did more of that.

Hasn't there been an "Oh we love the Orioles" chant in the past? Maybe it was just over the PA, but I could've sworn I've heard that on tv.

Sad to admit that, despite being an O's fan for close to 35 years, I've still never seen them play in Baltimore. :o

I think the "Hey you suck" chant is lame, classless and beneath what I expect from O's fans. However, I do like the "Seven Nation Army" one. It's a great fit and I love hearing crowds sing in unison like they do at football matches. I've always wished American crowds did more of that.

Hasn't there been an "Oh we love the Orioles" chant in the past? Maybe it was just over the PA, but I could've sworn I've heard that on tv.

Sad to admit that, despite being an O's fan for close to 35 years, I've still never seen them play in Baltimore. :o

You must come out. Life's too short.

You must come out. Life's too short.

It's been my dream for a long, long time. It sucked to be stuck here in the Bay Area and not get to be a part of what was happening out there. From the statue ceremonies to the playoff push, I really wanted to be there with you all. I'll get there one day. :)

Guest rochester
We may need to try Jack when Hank needs a break. In the game threads. Jack is the far superior musician. And an equally strange dude.

meh, not really :)

Have we forgotten our heritage? We are spawn of the Concrete Lady. The World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum. And if you've been to a game with Scottiebaseball, you know he has not forgotten.

Our heritage doesn't mean we have to abandon class. What Scottie does is usually funny more than mean-spirited. Telling your opponent "They suck" when you do something well is just classless and ridiculous. I'm all for cheering on my team, but I don't feel a need to belittle an opponent while doing so.

Archived