OH Video: Kevin Gausman Interview

Tony-OH

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome, thanks for putting that together. Gausman seems like a very down to earth kind of guy, glad we got him.....well for that and because he can pitch a bit. Can't wait to see him with the O's....hopefully this year.

Awesome, thanks for putting that together. Gausman seems like a very down to earth kind of guy, glad we got him.....well for that and because he can pitch a bit. Can't wait to see him with the O's....hopefully this year.

Great stuff. Very fun to see this.

What I enjoyed the best is you got to ask the question we all wanted to know about. Not the donuts, but about getting too much if the plate in AA vs college. I would have asked one other question "Kevin, I am not sure you are aware but your current number for the Baysoxs is retired for the Orioles. So are you going either the old 88 or another number in Baltimore?"

Looking forward to more of these. Great job.

Thanks for the ones that gave a little feedback. Doesn't appear there is too much interest though in these kinds of things between this and facebook (got a whole two likes there) there's been very little reaction. Oh well, you give things a try and see what sticks. We'll see if there is something else that interests people besides interviews. Feel free to send in suggestions. Thanks.

Thanks for the ones that gave a little feedback. Doesn't appear there is too much interest though in these kinds of things between this and facebook (got a whole two likes there) there's been very little reaction. Oh well, you give things a try and see what sticks. We'll see if there is something else that interests people besides interviews. Feel free to send in suggestions. Thanks.

I wouldn't let one video dictate whether or not this was a popular segment. Gausman is a great prospect, but he was kind of boring to listen to. I bet if you were able to talk to some of the players on the big club every now and then, this would be pretty cool. Obviously you can't talk to them every night (or maybe you can, I don't know), but mixing it up among the different levels of the organization would be cool.

Also, maybe talking to the guys about something other than baseball would be fun. Do any guys play an instrument (guitar or drums for example) or have some other cool talent they could showcase for a two-minute segment? Those are fun interviews to watch!

Dude, this was great. Sorry I didn't give feedback before, I wasn't thinking about it that way. I love the interviews, makes this feel like I'm getting more than just opinions from other fans on a MB for my money. Any effort you can make to bring Orioles specific information in the form of articles, interviews, insights, and behind the scenes looks is awesome IMO.

Keep up the good work. If you need ideas, I can toss some at you anytime. One off the top of my head is to always think about what most of us fans don't get anywhere else. Behind the scenes of BP, draft day, MiLB players, locker rooms, interviews, tours of inside dugout/clubhouse/pressbox/concessions (like Boog's)/how the scoreboard is run, hitting/pitching tips/drills from players and coaches...breakdowns of players' strengths and weaknesses on both the O's and upcoming opponents...

Video is where it is at with this stuff...don't give up, make it better and more frequent...and consider a sound upgrade, that will make a huge difference...a lavalier mic for you and your interviewee is a relatively inexpensive way to dramatically improve the sound quality of your interviews...

I wouldn't let one video dictate whether or not this was a popular segment. Gausman is a great prospect, but he was kind of boring to listen to. I bet if you were able to talk to some of the players on the big club every now and then, this would be pretty cool. Obviously you can't talk to them every night (or maybe you can, I don't know), but mixing it up among the different levels of the organization would be cool.

Also, maybe talking to the guys about something other than baseball would be fun. Do any guys play an instrument (guitar or drums for example) or have some other cool talent they could showcase for a two-minute segment? Those are fun interviews to watch!

This...also, how about highlighting Pickles Pub and interviewing the owner? Find a local historian that can talk about Babe Ruth's birthplace in detail and highlight the BR Museum...get some local flair and interview vendors in the area that provide things that are unique to Baltimore (like the old bay used on food or the crab Mac hot dog) - isn't Natty Boh a Baltimore brand? What does Orioles baseball mean to the owner and brand of Natty Boh?

How about highlighting the scalp-free ticket zone? That is something that many don't know about and is unique to Baltimore...a great way to get amazing seats at or below face value...wish they had that here at Ohio Stadium for Buckeye Football games...

Interview the crazy fan that plays the fiddle during TGIACB or a vendor (like the dude that has been there forever and is ripped) and get his story...

What about the old guy that helped with game balls and never missed a home game in 67 years or whatever...I'm sure he's long gone, but you get the point...

How about interviewing Gary Thorne or Joe Angel...they are rarely on the other side of the mic...could be really interesting...maybe Rex Barney has a kid or grand kid still attending games on a regular basis...interview them...

If you are creative enough, you can make people drool over what you'll cover next...and since the boys are winning, there will be a lot of interest in just about everything you can tell the story of if it is related to Orioles baseball...

That is the beauty of baseball...all of these things are part of the game and the tradition...

Need inspiration? Watch Ken Burns's Baseball again and look for all the little facets of them game on and off the field that make it an experience and not just a sport...even the biggest fans are interesting...who has he best man cave on the OH? Take a camera and interview them and get a tour...where did they get all that stuff?

Are there any St. Louis Browns fans that followed the team here? That would be a sweet interview...

I absolutely think you should keep doing these. Your questions were far more intelligent and in-depth than we'd normally get in a 3-minute interview. Remember, you didn't post this until 10 pm. and by then most of us were watching the Orioles game. You'll get a lot more reaction today I expect.

And yeah, who wrote and performed the song?

Interview the architect(s) of OPACY, ask them to show you the blueprints and ask whose idea it was to incorporate Eutaw St and the Warehouse into the design...was the roof over the upper deck really inspired by Forbes Field? How about the ivy wall? Why do they take it down and not just keep it trimmed like Wrigley?

Interview the promotions director and Orioles staff to ask about upcoming promotional giveaways or to ask about Orioles Fanfest and then get a behind the scenes look at it with a few players talking about how they love when we come out to see them at those events...

Is there still an Orioles Fantasy Camp in February? Cover that and interview some of the guys that are such big fans that they pay $4000 to play baseball for a week in Florida against old Oriole players...then interview a player from it...and cover the reunion/alumni game that is played at OPACY when the O's are on the road in May...

Archived