Rarities

SteveA

Two things happened tonight:

-- Mesoraco homered to tie with 2 outs in the 9th for the Reds (off Kimbrel) and Shin Soo Choo followed up with a walkoff HR to win. I wouldn't think that would be that rare but they say on ESPN it is first time in 30 years that a game has ended with back to back HRs and the second one being a walkoff

-- Matt Harvey became the first pitcher in the live ball (post-1900) era to pitch 9 innings, get 12+ strikeouts, give up no runs, give up just 1 hit, and not get a decision.

-- Mesoraco homered to tie with 2 outs in the 9th for the Reds (off Kimbrel) and Shin Soo Choo followed up with a walkoff HR to win. I wouldn't think that would be that rare but they say on ESPN it is first time in 30 years that a game has ended with back to back HRs and the second one being a walkoff

That is one that one would believe happens more often. I almost don't believe it.

-- Matt Harvey became the first pitcher in the live ball (post-1900) era to pitch 9 innings, get 12+ strikeouts, give up no runs, give up just 1 hit, and not get a decision.

I watched that live and could not believe it - what a game is this baseball that we all love and hate at times. And my boy, Scott Diamond, Binghamton U star and alum, beat the hated Red Sawx!!!!!

Archived