What is the matter with you people?

Moose Milligan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately, sounding reasonable now doesn't void your record of stupidity.

I'll let that one slide because I just don't care to answer the snark.

In the end, nothing I've said was "stupid" it's just that a bunch of homers never liked the fact that I dared to question the FO.

I don't like the bad decisions made by the ownership, and I didn't like MacPhail (and for some reason, any critique of AM was met with fiery opposition as if the man was sacrosanct).

You've no right to call my views stupid.

MSK

In the end, nothing I've said was "stupid" it's just that a bunch of homers never liked the fact that I dared to question the FO.

I don't like the bad decisions made by the ownership, and I didn't like MacPhail (and for some reason, any critique of AM was met with fiery opposition as if the man was sacrosanct).

MSK

So, I suppose you have no right to call me a homer. Waaaah.

Sorry, your analysis (numerous posts) stating that we should have got a few TOR's is stupid. Your analysis is generally horrible, like trading Reimold for a TOR. I question whether you know much of anything much at all about baseball. But you know, you're just a concerned fan and not a GM right?

I know your background, so I know you're not stupid. Your views on baseball are pretty ignorant though (is ignorant any better?) As another poster already stated you're also the King of the Strawman (i,e your calling other people homers and constant whining about being picked on).

Anyways, have the last word. Don't want to waste any more time on you. .

MSK

Where's that list MSK?

Good God, one awesome season and it's like Sons of Sam Horn around here when the slightest bit of adversity comes our way. This is how you deal with a losing streak? This is how you react?

If anything, this fan base should have an iron stomach after getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly for the previous 14 years leading up to the 2012 season. And this is how we're reacting?

One losing streak doesn't wash away everything that was built over the past year. Yes, the starting pitching is depleted but if you want to look at something positive from yesterday, at least Freddy Garcia gave us a strong start. Davis is still mashing. Nick looks like he could be heating up again.

Sack up and remember how things used to be. This is how you react when JJ has lost his groove? Man, I know who I'd want in my corner if I was in some trouble and it's not many of you.

Classy. Preach to us on how bad of fans we are. People react in their own way. Deal with it.

MSK

Not sure he was calling your views stupid. Nobody begrudges you your views, no matter how you choose to look at it. What they find frustrating and stupid is how they'll ask you repeatedly for support or examples or whatever happens to support the views you've set forth, and you manage to do everything in your power to circumvent that those requests. But you've also been told that about 50 times, and you still don't respond in a way that shows even the slightest bit of understanding, so maybe there's something more there. I dunno.

Not sure he was calling your views stupid. Nobody begrudges you your views, no matter how you choose to look at it. What they find frustrating and stupid is how they'll ask you repeatedly for support or examples or whatever happens to support the views you've set forth, and you manage to do everything in your power to circumvent that those requests. But you've also been told that about 50 times, and you still don't respond in a way that shows even the slightest bit of understanding, so maybe there's something more there. I dunno.

I've speculated in the past it may have to do with his being a science fiction writer (and apparently a pretty good one). He may be so used to fantasy and making things up that I just don't think he's used to establishing a case using logic and reality. The lack of critical thinking and strawman's he throws out are so balatantly obvious that it does do make you think he's a troll ...... but I suppose that may just be his reality.

When people ask me for "proof" it's usually something that I've covered several times in previous posts (i.e. I made a list over the off season regarding which pitchers I would have pursued) and I simply don't feel like going over it again and again and again. It's an abyss of redundancy that won't change anyone's mind.

I get what you're saying, I just don't feel you have the whole picture.

MSK

I've speculated in the past it may have to do with his being a science fiction writer (and apparently a pretty good one). He may be so used to fantasy and making things up that I just don't think he's used to establishing a case using logic and reality. The lack of critical thinking and strawman's he throws out are so balatantly obvious that it does do make you think he's a troll ...... but I suppose that may just be his reality.

Sci-fi requires quite a bit of technical knowledge and an ability to apply said principles in a solid narrative.

I understand logic and case building. I just don't agree that the FO did everything it could in the off season to make sure our rotation was solid for 2013.

Why that's so crazy, I'll never understand.

Oh well.

MSK

I'm a natural pessimist, so I can never look on the bright side. I'm not ever going to abandon ship, I'm here for life. Just don't expect me to believe the ship is going somewhere good. Maybe one day that will change, but one winning season isn't going to do that...

When people ask me for "proof" it's usually something that I've covered several times in previous posts (i.e. I made a list over the off season regarding which pitchers I would have pursued) and I simply don't feel like going over it again and again and again. It's an abyss of redundancy that won't change anyone's mind.

I get what you're saying, I just don't feel you have the whole picture.

MSK

I know the whole story. If you've said it before, just say it again. Or link to it. Maybe they didn't read it the first time. Or maybe have forgotten and need and/or want a refresher. Either way, if you just don't, even by giving the reason you already have, it doesn't reflect well upon your argument at all. What it does is make you seem like you don't believe in your own argument enough to reiterate your own points.

Sci-fi requires quite a bit of technical knowledge and an ability to apply said principles in a solid narrative.

I understand logic and case building. I just don't agree that the FO did everything it could in the off season to make sure our rotation was solid for 2013.

Why that's so crazy, I'll never understand.

Oh well.

MSK

Sci-fi also relies on a lot of the trope "Applied Phlebotium." It works because I said it works. Fans of Star Trek say "the Heisenberg Principle sort of makes transporter technology impossible." The writers introduce the Heisenberg Compensators. That sort of thing.

And I've pointed this out to you, I'll try it again. Nobody is disagreeing with your notion that the FO came up short this off-season. It's a widely held opinion that it was a less than perfect off-season. What people call in to question is your idea of "everything they could have done," and when you give us that, how exactly you expected the FO to do it. When you do, the general reaction is that you're reaching for the stars entirely too much, and that the cost of what you're espousing simply never would happen in the reality of the situation. The best way to think about it is that you seem to be operating on a fantasy baseball league level, where the players are just digital, and sometimes there's not even a monetary figure to think about. It's just a matter of "go go get him" when in the market out there, so much more goes on, players preferences, playing one GM off another, etc. If you would simply concede that you know your ideas for what to do are drastic and not the most realistic in the world, you'd get soooo much more slack on your stuff. But you hold such a hard line, and make it seem like everyone that tries to point out that you're basically kinda dreaming too big is not smart enough to understand (intended or not, it's how it comes off), that you tend to infuriate the people that try to help and debate with you.

Classy. Preach to us on how bad of fans we are. People react in their own way. Deal with it.

Oh calm down. You couldn't pull a pine needle out of your ass with a tractor.

It's not preaching. And as someone who reads a lot of posts on the board, I do deal with it. You might want to drink some of your own medicine there dude.

Archived