vs. RAYS, 6/08

OFFNY

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't worry about the offense in the long term. The pitching is troubling. We need Chen back.

Well, our offense this year has taken the step forward on the backs of three guys (McLouth, Davis, Manny) who've improved more than any of us could've thought realistically possible. They're all starting to slump (Davis has been striking out a LOT lately -- there he goes again) and that worries me cause we don't really know for sure what their true talent is this year.

But yeah, if we had better pitching it wouldn't be so bad. The one move I wish we'd made this offseason was Anibal. Even if no one knew he was gonna be this good, he'd have been a huge solidifier in the rotation. Those are the types of pitchers to sign to FA -- not the A-list Greinke types but the B-listers who provide a lot of comfort while the young pitchers turn into A-listers.

Well, our offense this year has taken the step forward on the backs of three guys (McLouth, Davis, Manny) who've improved more than any of us could've thought realistically possible. They're all starting to slump (Davis has been striking out a LOT lately -- there he goes again) and that worries me cause we don't really know for sure what their true talent is this year.

But yeah, if we had better pitching it wouldn't be so bad. The one move I wish we'd made this offseason was Anibal. Even if no one knew he was gonna be this good, he'd have been a huge solidifier in the rotation. Those are the types of pitchers to sign to FA -- not the A-list Greinke types but the B-listers who provide a lot of comfort while the young pitchers turn into A-listers.

Didn't Sanchez get A list money?

We may not score enough runs today but to say the offense has been awful for 8 games is a joke. In those 8 games we have scored 32 runs. So an average of 4 runs a game. What is the league average for runs a game? hmm so are awful but just slightly less then league average for the year.

When hitting is all you have, 4 runs/g is a slump.

I wanted Joe Saunders back. Even with his terrible numbers so far.

Archived