vs. RAYS, 6/08

OFFNY

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't make up any argument. If you're not saying it relative to other teams, then there's no point in saying it. It's the same as saying generically that teams score runs against the os or that our hitters don't succeed at every at bat. Baseball is a game where you fail more than you succeed, so the notion that our offense gets cold isn't really a groundbreaking or insightful one on its own. So if that's all you were saying, my bad for not just chalking it up to a shallow post.

Well we agree on one thing.....it's certainly your bad.

My post was an observation about how bad our offensive has been lately. There's a difference between struggling here and there and just having the bats die entirely on the vine.

That's how I define "going ice cold", not in relation to what other teams are or see not doing. Sorry you weren't intelligent enough to pick up on that.

Good question. Here's another. Why does Wieters consistently call for FBs on the outer half allowing the hitter (a la Zobrist) to get his arms extended?

He needs to let Gausman tie the hitter up by occasionally calling a FB on the inside half of the plate.

Agree with that. Matt needs to make Kevin work inside.

I've never questioned Wieters' game calling before but it's hard to ignore this year. Against Detroit, Wieters catches 2 games and we give up 15 runs. Snyder catches and we give up 2. Against Houston, Wieters catches and we give up 6 home runs. The next game Teagarden catches abs we give up 1 run.

Obviously Wieters has caught good pitching performances too, but our back up catchers seem to always call great games.

Being a bit selective here. We only gave up 1 run in the first game of the Houston series, caught be wieters. Additionally, the 6 hr game was with a Freddy pitching horribly. Not wiets calling there.

Being a bit selective here. We only gave up 1 run in the first game of the Houston series, caught be wieters. Additionally, the 6 hr game was with a Freddy pitching horribly. Not wiets calling there.

Its not really selective.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/stats/fielding/_/name/bal/cat/catcherERA/split/78/baltimore-orioles

Its a small sample size, but we have pitched a lot better with the backup catchers this year.

Well we agree on one thing.....it's certainly your bad.

My post was an observation about how bad our offensive has been lately. There's a difference between struggling here and there and just having the bats die entirely on the vine.

That's how I define "going ice cold", not in relation to what other teams are or see not doing. Sorry you weren't intelligent enough to pick up on that.

Alright man, I'm done with your nonsense.

Archived