vs. RAYS, 6/08

OFFNY

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Statically not great pitching but for that game, yes it was great pitching. Give credit where credit is due.

Was it great pitching or pathetic hitting?

We can't hit opponent's aces. We can't hit their guys with 15.00 ERAs. We do a good job beating everyone else.

Gaus looked a lot better that inning. A few more of those and we might be able to get back into this game

They've only put 8 balls in play, but have 5 hits. They're getting extremely lucky whether they have hit the ball hard or not.

Walks kill.

Not when we get them. We seem to have trouble scoring free baserunners. I wish I could find the stats on that someplace.

We got three walks and one hit batter yesterday, I believe. Archer managed to pitch around them.

Not at all. We do kinda suck right now. But you're not using that to predict a slide to 90 losses and the beginning of another 4 year losing streak. So you're good. :P

I'll always be more worried than your average bear though. The pitching's obviously been bad all year so we've lived and died by the bats, and "are the bats really this good?" is a legit question.

Statically not great pitching but for that game, yes it was great pitching. Give credit where credit is due.

I was thinking this, too. Instead of constantly banging on our offense how about recognizing that Tampa Bay has always been good at developing pitchers and this kid wasn't some scrub they brought in yesterday because they were desperate. He's one of their better prospect and chances are he wasn't going to continue to be bad. Similar to what we're seeing with Gausman.

Not when we get them. We seem to have trouble scoring free baserunners. I wish I could find the stats on that someplace.

We got three walks and one hit batter yesterday, I believe. Archer managed to pitch around them.

It's not that we don't score them. We don't get enough walks in the first place.

I'll always be more worried than your average bear though. The pitching's obviously been bad all year so we've lived and died by the bats, and "are the bats really this good?" is a legit question.

I don't worry about the offense in the long term. The pitching is troubling. We need Chen back.

Archived