vs. Red Sox 7-28

scOtt

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F'ing Ortiz. Say what you want about that a-hole but he gets ejected last night, throws a temper tantrum and comes back and rips 4 hits the next day like it's nothing. I wish we had guys with the testicular fortitude like that.

Our guys swing at ball 4 or hit the first pitch for a weak groundout.

If the season ended today, sure. There are a lot of games left, and over a long season, you get to see the warts. We've been lucky, if Davis didn't hit like Babe Ruth for the first half of the season, and Machado Earl Webb, we'd be battling Toronto for the worst record in the division. Now that both players have come back to earth, the offense has been poor, and the pitching has been spotty all year, a small sample of post AS Game aside.

But we're HERE now! At THIS point. DD works some magic on some deal, and this offense is NOT NEAR as bad as they have been over the break! :rofl:

DD got this. Buck, WE... got this.

So far this season, we haven't done well against bad and mediocre.

I think this is just semantics here. I think the better wording would be "not taken advantage of". And I already addressed your other point.

If the season ended today, sure. There are a lot of games left, and over a long season, you get to see the warts. We've been lucky, if Davis didn't hit like Babe Ruth for the first half of the season, and Machado Earl Webb, we'd be battling Toronto for the worst record in the division. Now that both players have come back to earth, the offense has been poor, and the pitching has been spotty all year, a small sample of post AS Game aside.

Swing at non-strikes, and not drawing walks, has been a problem for this team the entire season, and last season as well. Actually, for much longer than that.

Used to be during the last place years, these losing streaks didn't bug me near as much, but now I just expect too much I guess, but it gets to a point where I have to stop watching for a week or so because it is just toooo aggravating. Or maybe I am just getting old.

Archived