vs. MARINERS, 8/04

OFFNY

Although his statement was sweeping, I don't think that he was referring to you and the other frustrated Oriole fans that are venting.

You post all the time, when we're winning and when we're losing.

I believe that he was referring to the few posters that are rarely here when the Orioles play well, and pounce when they suck.

Thank you offny for eloquently explaining what I omitted from my post yet again.

Now we have two innings to take the lead. Our pen vs. that of the M's, I like our odds.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And this team's bullpen is supposed to be not good? Huh, could fool me. You mean this same pen gave up 6 runs in the ninth last week to lose to the Red Sox. Huh, whaddya know?

The Red Sox are the best offense in the league. They are 2nd in OBP and OPS. First in Runs.

I like to retain optimism but our season doesn't have the same feel as last year. Last year we found ways to win, this year we find ways to lose.

I think it's about expectations. Last year, when they won, they found a way to win because you expected them to lose. This year, you expect them to win, so when they don't, it feels like they found a way to lose.

And Chen was dealing, looking great. Him throwing that pitch wasn't about not having it, it was about location.

And again, it's the idea that this team would have a 0.0 era after the fifth inning were the OH in control of the staff that I disagree with more than anything.

You're wrong. He walked Brendan freaking Ryan and then gave up a tater to Henry blanco!

He didnt have anything left! The only reason it wasn't worse is the mariners have us a free out after another walk!!!!!

This isn't anything new either, Chen can't go past 100, he loses control.

Are you watching the same game? I'm not sure you are.

If we do lose this I wouldn't call it a crushing loss but I do think its a demoralizing one. Still time to comeback though.

I don't think it will be neither crushing nor demoralizing for the team. It will just lower their chance of getting a WC spot. They are running out of games to give away.

I think it's about expectations. Last year, when they won, they found a way to win because you expected them to lose. This year, you expect them to win, so when they don't, it feels like they found a way to lose.

Some truth to that I guess. I just feel like there are a lot of games this year we would have won last year, with basically the same team.

Archived