What.. the.. Buck..

gmelson26

Of course he's going to bring JJ in. What would you have him do instead? Bring in Hunter for the 8th and let K-Rod close?

Why you would feel better about Hunter pitching an inning with his 6.75 ERA and 1.67 WHIP over the past month, as opposed to JJ (1.74 ERA and 1.35 WHIP in the same span), is beyond me. We all get it --- JJ has blown a couple one-run saves in the past few games. But the entire bullpen has gotten shredded of late. It's not like there are a lot of options knocking down the door for Buck.

JJ is the worst. Yes I would rather.have hunter in there

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course he's going to bring JJ in. What would you have him do instead? Bring in Hunter for the 8th and let K-Rod close?

Why you would feel better about Hunter pitching an inning with his 6.75 ERA and 1.67 WHIP over the past month, as opposed to JJ (1.74 ERA and 1.35 WHIP in the same span), is beyond me. We all get it --- JJ has blown a couple one-run saves in the past few games. But the entire bullpen has gotten shredded of late. It's not like there are a lot of options knocking down the door for Buck.

That's EXACTLY what Buck should have done. Why is what Johnson has done over the past month more important than Hunter being the better pitcher over the course of the whole season? Why does it not matter to you that Johnson leads the majors in blown saves and has single-handedly cost us first place in the division, or at worst a commanding lead for the first wild card?

Archived