What.. the.. Buck..

gmelson26

Why are we having this conversation? Buck using JJ there is the worst thing I have seen from him since he got here. It makes me sick.

Tillman getting 20 wins for this franchise would be huge.

I don't think i have been this angry in a while.

Any human being could have seen this coming. Buck needs to be held accountable.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only thing that will be more shocking is if the media doesn't grill Buck in the post game.

I love Buck and have defended him on many occasions but I just don't get the logic of keeping JJ at closer. It's clearly not working. Say what you will about our other options but I have a hard time imagining them doing a whole lot worse

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Normally I would preface a post like this with "No offense..." but I don't think that would be correct here. Some of you are the absolute worst sort of fans.

Literally one week ago, K-Rod was the whipping boy who was "awful off the field and not even good on the field," and folks were up in arms about trading Nick Delmonico for him. Now he's the savior who Buck is an imbecile for not immediately installing as the closer.

Which is not to mention that using K-Rod in the 9th and shelving JJ also entails the bright idea of relying on Tommy Hunter instead of JJ in high-leverage innings. Never mind that Hunter has gotten torn to shreds over the past month --- he's gotten torn to shreds in the 7th inning, not the 9th, so obviously no one is quite as upset about that. Runs in the 7th/8th inning don't count as much as runs in the 9th, don't you know?

O'Day, K-Rod, and JJ are our 3 best relievers at this point. Buck got them all in the game for an inning today. And you're all ready to run him out of town because of the order in which he used them? Or because he didn't turn a blind eye to the fact that Tommy Hunter has flat-out sucked since the ASB and let his emotions or frustration determine who gets the ball in important spots? We all hate losing and this series has sucked. But it doesn't make decisions wrong and it doesn't justify this utterly intolerable whining. It's damn near pathetic.

Normally I would preface a post like this with "No offense..." but I don't think that would be correct here. Some of you are the absolute worst sort of fans.

Literally one week ago, K-Rod was the whipping boy who was "awful off the field and not even good on the field," and folks were up in arms about trading Nick Delmonico for him. Now he's the savior who Buck is an imbecile for not immediately installing as the closer.

Which is not to mention that using K-Rod in the 9th and shelving JJ also entails the bright idea of relying on Tommy Hunter instead of JJ in high-leverage innings. Never mind that Hunter has gotten torn to shreds over the past month --- he's gotten torn to shreds in the 7th inning, not the 9th, so obviously no one is quite as upset about that. Runs in the 7th/8th inning don't count as much as runs in the 9th, don't you know?

O'Day, K-Rod, and JJ are our 3 best relievers at this point. Buck got them all in the game for an inning today. And you're all ready to run him out of town because of the order in which he used them? Or because he didn't turn a blind eye to the fact that Tommy Hunter has flat-out sucked since the ASB and let his emotions or frustration determine who gets the ball in important spots? We all hate losing and this series has sucked. But it doesn't make decisions wrong and it doesn't justify this utterly intolerable whining. It's damn near pathetic.

Thank you for your useless rant. This is pathetic. The complaining is most deserved after today. JJ sucks on a third consecutive day, nonetheless when he is coming off two consecutive blown saves.

JJ's new intro song should be "oops I did it again" by Brittany Spears...forget the Foo Fighters garbage.

At least the offense isn't complacent or anything....lets get a couple 1/2 run lead and just chill. Sadly, we're playing ourselves out of playoff contention.

Blind Loyalty Buck, get over it.

I agree with a lot of what your saying. There is a lot of knee jerk drama in some posts. That said did you so not think that JJ's performance as closer has been bad overall and particularly lately I am not sure what to say. Expecting people on a message board to not discuss it and do so vigorously with criticism is very unrealistic

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Archived