Carrie Muskat says Cubs and Orioles are still talking.

skiba7

No he's not...He was clearly a top 5-10 pitcher last year and was a top 15-20 guy the year before.

He was dominant last year...All of his peripherals say he should be as good or even better this year.

He also under a teams control for 2 more years at reasonable arbitration rates.

Saying Bedard is overrated is absurd.

I would much rather have 3-4 years left of Rich Hill than 2 years of Bedard, while he's already wanting out the door.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys are really overrating Bedard. He is a very good pitcher, but he isn't worth a Rich Hill, who this year, IMO, will be just as good, or better than Bedard.

Pie, I would put in, but I would remove Gallagher.

I'm sorry, but this is a bit of a homer statement.

Maybe, Hill's '07 season is very similar to Bedard's '06 year(both 27 at the time), the only exception being Hill's HR tendencies...his H/9, K/9, BB/9, WHIP are all better

And again SG, without knowing that Bedard can repeat '07, he's not close to worth what's being offered from the M's and Red's...he is a very good pitcher-but is a risk

Really, please, go look at his stats and compare them with Cole Hamels.

Hill had the lowest run support in the MLB last year, and obviously, all you care about are the W-L totals.

Maybe, Hill's '07 season is very similar to Bedard's '06 year(both 27 at the time), the only exception being Hill's HR tendencies...his H/9, K/9, BB/9, WHIP are all better

And he did this in the NL and the HR rate is a big concern..You guys do know the AL/NL differences right?

And again SG, without knowing that Bedard can repeat '07, he's not close to worth what's being offered from the M's and Red's...he is a very good pitcher-but is a risk

Again, he was a borderline #1 after his 2006 season...His predictable stats all say he is going to be a very good pitcher and that is in the AL.

Go to the NL and he may end up being the best in the game not named Santana.(he may be that already)

Really, please, go look at his stats and compare them with Cole Hamels.

Hill had the lowest run support in the MLB last year, and obviously, all you care about are the W-L totals.

Hill's peripherals are pretty good, but that 3.92 ERA in the N.L. Central isn't anything spectacular.

I have no doubt that Bedard would put up an ERA in the 2.50 range pitching in the Central.

Look, i think it would be stupid for the Cubs to trade Hill in a Bedard deal. I am just saying that is what they would need to do.

I don't understand why Cubs fans want to trade for SP anyways, the Cubs were top 3 in the NL last year in ERA, their offense was average.

They should stick to worrying about their lineup (like they were with Roberts) and not try to match the Reds or M's offer (which they can't)

amatuerfan, every player is a risk. Bedard's one that is a good risk to bet on.

Joey - Chicago's a great city. I wouldn't be surprised if they can sign him to a long term deal - thus the "just two years" argument isn't as strong.

Cubs fans, don't forget that Bedard is a young, dominant lefty. Those are very tough to find - consequently driving his value ever higher.

And he did this in the NL and the HR rate is a big concern..You guys do know the AL/NL differences right?

Again, he was a borderline #1 after his 2006 season...His predictable stats all say he is going to be a very good pitcher and that is in the AL.

Go to the NL and he may end up being the best in the game not named Santana.(he may be that already)

About .08 points of ERA is the difference

4.51 league ERA to 4.43

Hill's HR rate can be attributed to his developing changeup last year

As for good pitchers, Oswalt comes immediately to mind, Peavy, Young

Joey - Chicago's a great city. I wouldn't be surprised if they can sign him to a long term deal - thus the "just two years" argument isn't as strong.

Cubs fans, don't forget that Bedard is a young, dominant lefty. Those are very tough to find - consequently driving his value ever higher.

The Cubs have a young, very potentially dominant LHP in Rich Hill, Bedard makes no sense for them-this shouldn't even be an argument

Bedard is young, but isn't THAT young, say like a Hamels.

Also, Bedard would be the Cubs #2. That'll make him even more dominant, IMO.

You know, if we want Cueto, Bailey, Votto, and a 4th from the Reds, it might be a good idea to get the Cubs involved. Haha.

Archived