Eff this ish

Moose Milligan

Looks like the market is moving pretty fast this offseason. Deals are getting done. Have you taken a gander at the MLB section? Salty to the Marlins. AJ Pierziskseiareski to the Sox. Beltran on a plane to KC. Morneau to the Rockies. Of course, Ellsbury signs a hysterical deal that the Yankees will regret in three years from now, but hey. They're making moves with him and McCann. I'm not saying any of these guys would have been right for us, but moves are being made and the Orioles are on the sidelines.

Jemile Weeks, welcome to Baltimore. Apparently we're too cheap to spend on Ethier and/or Kemp. And you wonder who's pulling the strings around here. Hint: it ain't DD.

Tony put it best in a post last night, something along the lines of the Orioles having worn out their welcome with winning baseball. I don't want to sound like El Trea here but it's time for this franchise to nut up and make some moves.

Another offseason like last year, we'll be lucky to crack .500 next year. Looking back on it, as amazing as 2012 was, it was probably the worst thing that could have happened to this team. Yes, it showed that we could win, but it also showed that we would largely stand pat with what we have. No use in spending any more money or trying to make significant improvements on that team.

So it goes. Headed for another bland offseason in Birdland. I'm not saying I expected anything this offseason, I certainly didn't....but this show is getting old.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like the market is moving pretty fast this offseason. Deals are getting done. Have you taken a gander at the MLB section? Salty to the Marlins. AJ Pierziskseiareski to the Sox. Beltran on a plane to KC. Morneau to the Rockies. Of course, Ellsbury signs a hysterical deal that the Yankees will regret in three years from now, but hey. They're making moves with him and McCann. I'm not saying any of these guys would have been right for us, but moves are being made and the Orioles are on the sidelines.

Jemile Weeks, welcome to Baltimore. Apparently we're too cheap to spend on Ethier and/or Kemp. And you wonder who's pulling the strings around here. Hint: it ain't DD.

Tony put it best in a post last night, something along the lines of the Orioles having worn out their welcome with winning baseball. I don't want to sound like El Trea here but it's time for this franchise to nut up and make some moves.

Another offseason like last year, we'll be lucky to crack .500 next year. Looking back on it, as amazing as 2012 was, it was probably the worst thing that could have happened to this team. Yes, it showed that we could win, but it also showed that we would largely stand pat with what we have. No use in spending any more money or trying to make significant improvements on that team.

So it goes. Headed for another bland offseason in Birdland. I'm not saying I expected anything this offseason, I certainly didn't....but this show is getting old.

This is where I am as well. Based on our history I KNOW we won't be bidders for the big names, but we should be. Enough is enough. Morneau could have been the left handed platoon with Valencia at DH and wouldn't have cost that much. We need a left fielder not named Nate Reimold. We need pitching. And instead we are shedding payroll and signing nobodies and never beens. In the past, I've been one to spin the offseason moves in a positive light, but I see the light now. I see that Angelos will not allow this team to go to the next level. It wasn't Flanagan or Beattie or Jim Duquette or MacPhail or Double D. Its the one constant throughout all of this....Peter Angelos.

I'm not satisfied with being a .500, average team. I'm sure Jones and Manny and Wieters and Davis aren't either. But apparently Buck and Duke and Peter are okay with it. Enjoy Matt and Crush the next two years, because why would they want to extend with this organization?

Meh, I'm to the point where I'm whatever to all the free agency stuff. That's not who the Orioles are and will never be with present ownership.

Don't see too much starting pitching moving around yet...

No worries, we won't be involved in that either.

Don't get disappointed but here's the plan. Keep all of Wieters, Hardy, Davis, Markakis and Jones till they have one year left and diminished value. Then trade them for AAAA or change of scenery players.

Great plan Mr Angelos!

Well at least I can spend my dough on the Braves.

Meh, I'm to the point where I'm whatever to all the free agency stuff. That's not who the Orioles are and will never be with present ownership.

Don't see too much starting pitching moving around yet...

There have been some movement. The Orioles ,not so much. The Twins have signed two pitchers, Not good ones but at least even the lesser teams are trying. The Marlins even signed Salty. We are waiting for the market to settle, Percolate.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/transactions/free-agents/pitchers

I love the idea of building through the farm system and international signings to keep this ship afloat for the long term. I guess what's frustrating was we heard for years and years that until the O's were a contender or close we shouldn't expect any big deals. But here we are close a piece or two or three from a legitimate shot at a ring and we're crying poor. I'm annoyed this morning. I'm still in wait and see mode if DD has something up his sleeve but that patience is wearing thin.

I love the idea of building through the farm system and international signings to keep this ship afloat for the long term. I guess what's frustrating was we heard for years and years that until the O's were a contender or close we shouldn't expect any big deals. But here we are close a piece or two or three from a legitimate shot at a ring and we're crying poor. I'm annoyed this morning. I will still in wait and see mode if DD has something up his sleeve but that patience is wearing thin.

The problem is the Orioles farm system is not good. They can't develop a starting pitcher.

Well the biggest concern that I have is the farm system. Beyond a few prospects in their farm system, it’s pretty thin. The other teams that spend about as much as the Orioles, their farm teams are loaded with players and that’s why they can stay relevant with a lower payroll.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/12/04/buster-olney-talks-orioles-and-jim-johnson-trade/

Complaining on a message board does nothing but make you feel better. If you truly want to show your frustration with the direction things are going:

1. DO NOT buy a single ticket to a single game this year.

2. DO NOT purchase a single piece of O's merchandise this year

3. DO NOT attend fanfest.

4. DO NOT watch MASN.

Archived